Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving, when I put then gear into N after acceleration, the engine would die.

While standing in N with AC off, going up to 4K RPM and closing throttle, the RPM will go down to 500RPM and then back to 800RPM and will stay stable.

Doing the same thing with AC on, the engine will die after closing the throttle.

What do you think the problem is?

Tuned by crome.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Sounds like a problem in the tune. either its to rich or to lean when ac is on.
Which is what is causing the problem your having. DO you have a wideband o2 to find the reading?

Most tuners dont tune for ac which is why you have problems when its turned on. It puts more of a load on the motor

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We had some issues while tuning, due to a tiny exhasut leak, which causing wrong wideband reading, has the tuner says.

Will fix that leak soon, and tune again. Hope it will solve the problem.

Someone told me we had to tune something related to the eacv, in order the car will run smooth with AC on. Someone have any information about it?

Thank for the info.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
yea eacv or IACV (Idle Air Control). It bypasses the throttle plate and lets the motor suck in air to idle right. You could try to clean yours and see if that helps.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/90493-d-i-y-iacv-cleaning.html

It could help alot since it seems your problem is only at idle right?
Other then then that the tune might have to be a little bit leaner/richer during idle to keep the motor from stalling.

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already done. Even replaced with another one. Problem keep going.

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
idk
I only had that problem once and it was because of a bad clyinder. When ever I came to a stop the motor would die. But that clyinder had low compression and was burning oil so it was a whole nother problem then what you got.
Plus honda idle funny to begun with. Hope you get everything fix with a retune I'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
add fuel to the table under 1k rpm. check the AFR and make sure its between 12 and 14:1

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine does the same thing *minus the dieing part* when ever i go WOT and clutch coast my idle drops so low that the battery light does a quick flash. But also does it driving normal, after it "almost" dies it resumes it's 750ish rpm idle.. Sorry not trying to thread jack, just relating to your problem hehe.. And bumpin the thread hopefully for more incite because, I've done cleaned my IACV yet the problem continues.

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,247 Posts
Changey your plug wires to a good oem equivalent, plugs gapped about 1.1mm na or about.8mm for high boost.

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK I have another direction. Someone told me that, that kind of problem may be a MAP sensor related issues.
I have a MAP 3BAR (don't know why) which connected to the manifold by a hose (approx length 30CM).

May I give it a chance and retune the car to work with the stock MAP?

Here's where the MAP 3BAR connects to:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
nope. stock map reads 11 psi and is only reliable to about 4-5 psi.

back out the idle screw a lil. if it keeps it from dying, work on your tune some morw

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys.
The problem is still there. I asked someone with some good expreince with hondas about it, and told me that every chipped P28 will make the car die when A/C on, due to ignorance of some sensors.

Is it possible to fix that stuff with some better tuning? Or there is anything else I can do to fix it?

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
all the tuning software Ive downloaded and messed with has had some sort of adjustment for AC operation, whether its jsut an idle up or idle up with fuel added.

Might be in advanced menus/options for some software

Or perhaps find what load the AC makes and add some fuel and see if it stays running

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
Hey guys.
The problem is still there. I asked someone with some good expreince with hondas about it, and told me that every chipped P28 will make the car die when A/C on, due to ignorance of some sensors.

Is it possible to fix that stuff with some better tuning? Or there is anything else I can do to fix it?
Thats not true. I had a p28 with ac and ac worked fine.

Also check for vaccum leaks. ac should not kill the car at idle unless the ac system is.messed up.
With ac off.it idle fine?
And while cruising ac works and car.drives fine?

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
I have the exact same problem w/ my car dying w/ the AC on, tuned on crome,. Tuner has attempted adjustment several times with no success. I will be doing a Neptune tune next up grade and hopefully also get rid of my dying w/ AC problem.
My car does it worse when the engine gets really heated up!
Do it happen at night?
if not then you kinda got my problem. See post "ac problems nooo"
But yea the condenser gets to hot cause the compressor to act funny.

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thats not true. I had a p28 with ac and ac worked fine.

Also check for vaccum leaks. ac should not kill the car at idle unless the ac system is.messed up.
With ac off.it idle fine? Yes
And while cruising ac works and car.drives fine?Yes
I get a huge amount of power loss at low RPMs when A/C on, but I guess it's normal?

I have the exact same problem w/ my car dying w/ the AC on, tuned on crome,. Tuner has attempted adjustment several times with no success. I will be doing a Neptune tune next up grade and hopefully also get rid of my dying w/ AC problem.
My car does it worse when the engine gets really heated up! Same here
Are you running turbo or N/A?

My downpipe is 2cm away from the compressor. Maybe it toasting the hell out of it, making it act weird?

·
Registered
ej6
587 Posts
my civic is doing the same problem! 100% the same!
am thinking of talking it to a different tuner and see what he has to say...

me and my dad got a integra with b18b stock with turbo and looks to be tuned on crome and the ac was working before we removed the ac to install a build engine....

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
i am curious what your base idle is at with the IACV disconnected...?

·
Registered
94 hatch
450 Posts
While driving, when I put then gear into N after acceleration, the engine would die.

While standing in N with AC off, going up to 4K RPM and closing throttle, the RPM will go down to 500RPM and then back to 800RPM and will stay stable.

Doing the same thing with AC on, the engine will die after closing the throttle.

What do you think the problem is?

Tuned by crome.
figure out why the engines dying after acceleration. have you read your plugs? there is something wrong that has nothing to do with ac if the engine dies in neutral after acceleration. i bet your plugs will show you its running pig rich.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts