Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the start to my turbo build. I'm going for. 300-350 whp. I have a stock 93 four door.my first build will be a stock d16. Getting 3 motors this month and trans.I know one motor is a a6. The others are vtech motors. Not sure what tho but all of them d series. While I have fun with the stock motor on boost. I'll be building the go fast motor. I'll have moor detail. Later this month. The idea is to run eagle rods,vitara piston, not sure on bearing yet. Keep the head stock. I need to Run 11s in the quarter mile. This should be a fun road ahead for me. All input is accepted. Any ideas from on what set ups will make this happen .I've read a lot. On how to make this happen but there is y'all out there that have done this many a time. Thanks for all the input. Pictures will be of plenty.

·
Registered
489 Posts
VTEC not vtech, Welcome and good luck with ur build goals! first d-series at drag week? Should be interesting.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol. I was there in 2010 when Larry Larson broke into the 6s. Im just going for daily driver class. Hoping to make it into the finals for that class. As of today I got the ac crap out of the way. Mocking up the intercooler and piping.

·
Registered
143 Posts
lol. I was there in 2010 when Larry Larson broke into the 6s. Im just going for daily driver class. Hoping to make it into the finals for that class. As of today I got the ac crap out of the way. Mocking up the intercooler and piping.
Sounds like a awesome idea. Post more pics...they're not showing up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm subscribing to see how this goes. Good luck on the build!

I run and love the Holset hx35. Get one and either run it on a cast manifold or if you can possibly spend the money go for a twin scroll manifold. I think that should get you close to your goal.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes Mr. JD will be tuning the car. Let me know if these pictures show. They are the motor, trans. and misc. parts i got fo the build.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
If you have a Z6 block/head, use it. If you have an Si/EX trans, use it.

Wish you luck; JD will set you up proper.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have not posted in a few. Project is still a go. I had to put this on hold for a couple of weeks. Toward the middle or end of August I should be back to it. Being productive. Im looking at the diff. ways to make this build happen. Reading as much as I can. If any one has thoughts of parts that will be better or to stay away from. Send those thoughts this way.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts