Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello D-series, im a noob to this site and have a couple questions for you.

Im currently rocking a 93 hatch dx and i recently came across a d16z6 that i plan to drop in it here in a couple weeks.

First, the mortor is for some reason missing only one fuel injector and i wanted to know if the injectors off my d15 will work just fine. I also noticed that the throttle body was stuck shut and im not sure if just being out in the cold all winter could cause that. If you have any recommendations on things that work well with this setup or what i should invest in first i would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill take some pics of both and get them up but it'll have to wait till tomorrow. My car is pretty rough on the outside...last winter was bad to me

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
wd40 or tb cleaner will help but i had a b16 tb that stuck closed unless you pushed the hammer hard i just swapped it with the stock

no you need a z6 injector

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wd40 or tb cleaner will help but i had a b16 tb that stuck closed unless you pushed the hammer hard i just swapped it with the stock

no you need a z6 injector
Thanks for that...i actually have the same question with the flywheel. I dont think any other components are missing, but i havent really had much of a chance to look over it yet.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I may be wrong, but the b7 injectors are 240cc as well. You won't be able to run the vtec, but all that takes is running two wires(search it's easy), with a P28 ecu. With the mounts it should drop right in.

As far as future mods. Buy a good intake tube and filter, then read. If you don't live in a state with heavy smog laws you can build a great set of wheels here.

·
Registered
891 Posts
My point exactly. The z6 is a good platform. I'd read and save money for 6 months, this way you don't buy things like fuel rails. If you have no smog regulations then learn how to build a good cheap turbo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My point exactly. The z6 is a good platform. I'd read and save money for 6 months, this way you don't buy things like fuel rails. If you have no smog regulations then learn how to build a good cheap turbo.
Thanks again, i think i might actually learn a thing or two on here, unlike another site i tried whos name will go unmentioned. With a z6 will i have to worry much about building it like crazy if i want to boost it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
you'll need a good solid bottom end rods and pistons,
might as well do the main bearings and mod the fuel pump.
just depends on how much hp you want with your turbo, and how much boost
your going to run.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts