Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am new here on D-series.org but Ive been around on HT for a while under akandok.

Long story short looking for some D16 rods that can handle 300whp. Not looking for more at this time. What are some cost effective options?

I cant even look at classifieds yet :wacko:

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
All you have to do is search bud. There are PLENTY of builds here using everything from eagles, crowers, fjt rods, fjt custom rods, etc. Check out the faq's and turbo build threads. You'll find plenty of info.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ebay has rods. Has anyone here had any experience with them? I was buying Eagle rods from a guy locally, but when I checked them out they didn't have the Eagle stamp on them. SO I did some researching and they came off ebay but I don't have any first-hand experience with them.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
clever, but you are the exact reason why this will be my last honda. People seem to be becoming dicks. Ive done some searching, the only answers that are out there are from a bunch of kids with no real facts to support their BS.

Thanks, go raise your post count somewhere else
People are not becoming dicks people are becoming lazy all this stuff has been covered a million times. Search engines are made for a reason so use them. I'm tired of all the spoon feeding to all these NOOBS with 3 post asking a question that can be found in 2 min if they take the time to look for it.

Your not the 1st person to build a D with over 300HP SO IT HAS BEEN COVERED SEARCH

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
People are not becoming dicks people are becoming lazy all this stuff has been covered a million times. Search engines are made for a reason so use them. I'm tired of all the spoon feeding to all these NOOBS with 3 post asking a question that can be found in 2 min if they take the time to look for it.

Your not the 1st person to build a D with over 300HP SO IT HAS BEEN COVERED SEARCH
If you're not trying to help, then why post? Ethug your way out of here.

As one of the previous posts asked, has anyone had experience with the eBay no brand h beams?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts

As one of the previous posts asked, has anyone had experience with the eBay no brand h beams?
He is trying to help but you don't wanna get off the "lazy ass" and do some searching.

I can help you out the door if you'd like.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Long story short looking for some D16 rods that can handle 300whp. Not looking for more at this time. What are some cost effective options?
well seeing as most forged rods handle way more then 300 whp, you have a lot to choose from. however, there are other options, like "LS" rods, but they come out to about the same price as used forged rods.

Ive been around on HT for a while under akandok.
ahh, that explains the lack of courtesy in your second post, in this thread.

however, every automotive community is exactly the same. granted there are little quarks about each, but the main embodiment of the culture is the same. if your lazy, regardless of which type automotive sport you modify, you will be called on it over and over again. the bigger the forum, the bigger the call out. we are a pretty big forum of very active members, more so then the random posts of spew on HT, imo.

so, be kind and diligent, or log out. we have no need for the lazy here, this is a forum that "does work".

this is my "nice" welcome ;)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

I did help with the question you asked but the one thing i cant help with is stupidity :wacko:

He is trying to help but you don't wanna get off the "lazy ass" and do some searching.

I can help you out the door if you'd like.
Please do :hammer:

Hey I am new here on D-series.org but Ive been around on HT for a while under akandok.
I bet you where under him :bj: :greddy:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My ls rods came in around 120 rebushed shaved and shotpeened.
Who did your rods? Im assuming you did not include the actual costs of the bushings?

-AllMotorDPower - Go play somewhere else.

-99EJ6T - I am no where near lazy. I do all work myself. I run a shop on the side of my regular job.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Who did your rods? Im assuming you did not include the actual costs of the bushings?

-AllMotorDPower - Go play somewhere else.

-99EJ6T - I am no where near lazy. I do all work myself. I run a shop on the side of my regular job.
if you do all the work yourself then why are you on here asking? go do your own research. dont expect to come on here, ask a question and get it answered, when you can search and find the answer in 1 minute

we have a FAQ section for stuff like this. takes a whole minute to find it and start reading.

ebay rods will be the cheapest.
eagle rods will be more comfort of mind
fjt is awesome, but there is a wait time.
crower, your paying for a name. something cheaper will accomplish what you need.

dont like the answers, go back to HT:bigok:

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
Pretty much EVERY aftermarkert D16 rod I've even is 300whp+ capable...so lets start there. Since you mentioned being cost effective (budget?), perhaps a Chinese knock-off from ebay would suit you. Just remember to look closely at the product description because not all of them come with ARP rod bolts!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is everything but the arp rodbolts
Where did you have them done?

Does anyone have experience with the Ebay rods? How are they compared to Eagle? Here is another question, how are the bearing clearances with these?

I guess Ill just ignore the d-bags. Every forum has them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts