Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
A car...
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an old buddy of mine today and showed him around my car. We got to talking about slapping a turbo. He mentioned that he heard that there is a motorcycle that has the same pistons and or rods that can fit in a d16, and would work great if I planned on putting a turbo on it. What exactly is he talking about? Has anyone heard of this before?

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Me either ... there are some motorcycle pistons that might fit. IIRC CBR1000RR has 75mm bore ... could work. I'm not sure about the other specs on the pistons ... so I have no idea what it would take to make them work.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
maybe he thinks "Suzuki Vitara" pistons are from a bike.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I think that's what it was. He didn't really seem to know much a out, just that he liked turbo d series. Lol I thought it sounded to good to be true.
its not to good to be true. $275 H beam rods, $130 vitara pistons = strong ass bottom end

·
Registered
725 Posts
Have anyone ever really pushed the stock honda rods and pistons?
I made 241 on stock parts, but never tried to push it really. hummmm I wonder.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Have anyone ever really pushed the stock honda rods and pistons?
I made 241 on stock parts, but never tried to push it really. hummmm I wonder.
ive pushed it alot lol, 16psi out of a ebay 50 trim t3/t4 is pretty killer. it also lets rods rip loose lol.

I know that the cbr1000's are 75mm but i dont know about anything else.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
ive pushed it alot lol, 16psi out of a ebay 50 trim t3/t4 is pretty killer. it also lets rods rip loose lol.

I know that the cbr1000's are 75mm but i dont know about anything else.
Toyota 1nz pistons are also 75mm ... from the first gen xB motors. Tried to find the other specs but couldn't find anything. I think the pin dia was off though ... can't remember if it was bigger or smaller.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Problem isn't finding a car with a 75mm bore.
Problem is finding:
1) A car with the same compression height
2) A car with the same wrist pin diameter
3) A car with stronger than stock pistons

Vitaras are stronger, work with aftermarket rods, and have a C/H that's workable.

·
Registered
Del Sol D16Z6
130 Posts
How much boost will this setup hold on a garrett t25? And what kind of crank and camshaft do you guys recomend with this setup?
Wich setup? Garrett T25 with stock internals? 200/220hp.......

Crank and camshaft stock for under 350/400hp......

Correct me if i'm wrong.......

·
Registered
Del Sol D16Z6
130 Posts
And about the bike with pistons and rods for our D's, maybe he was talking about the Honda FJR, though dont know if the 600 or the 1300............ :)

He certainly heard or saw something combining FJ, Honda, Piston and Rods, and somehow thought that the talk was about bikes...........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts