Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I am working for a company in PA, that builds race block, and they want to get into the sport compact market. They are already making all or DART's blocks, the b18's, etc. They would like to get into the d16's, so my question, what would you as the engine builders want in a new design? It would be based on a D16 engine. I am also looking for a stripped D16 block if any of you guys have one lying around.
The blocks would be around $600 or so depending on the configuration. I'm looking for a complete block made from Alum, sleeved, cast-iron girdles, and the ability to accept the z6 head. We are looking to produce atleast 400hp N/A. We will also be producing a new crank thats been knife edged/shot peened/cryoed, and should be sold as a package with the block.
The company will be keeping R&D in house so please dont ask me to send you an engine to test out.

Please post all your questions and comments here..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An R/S of 1.75, Knock Sensor, Posted and a lighter Harmonic Balancer.

·
D-series Strom Trooper
1,085 Posts
tougher sleeves, alil better cooling, knock sensor, larger bore. all the same we all want.
are you wanting the block for your self or to try it out aand so we can get ahold of them bc i would really like a d race block

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
this would be a very welcomed idea, and i agree, block w/ sleeves. and a knock sensor location would be nice

$600 would be a steal

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
Oil squirters :) Or at least passages that we could tap and install some b-series squirters.

400hp NA? How so? You normally need a couple of more cylinders to hit that. Even with a new crank with increased stroke (bad idea on a d16), you are still very limited on bore if it is going to accept a stock z6 head.

How is this going to be done for $600?

How will this include a crank considering everyone else charges $2k for an aftermarket crank.

DART's THE Beast only makes mid 200's NA and the price was just *reduced* to $9k.

·
Registered
643 Posts
digdug18 said:
Well,
I am working for a company in PA, that builds race block, and they want to get into the sport compact market. They are already making all or DART's blocks, the b18's, etc. They would like to get into the d16's, so my question, what would you as the engine builders want in a new design? It would be based on a D16 engine. I am also looking for a stripped D16 block if any of you guys have one lying around.
The blocks would be around $600 or so depending on the configuration. I'm looking for a complete block made from Alum, sleeved, cast-iron girdles, and the ability to accept the z6 head. We are looking to produce atleast 400hp N/A. We will also be producing a new crank thats been knife edged/shot peened/cryoed, and should be sold as a package with the block.
The company will be keeping R&D in house so please dont ask me to send you an engine to test out.

Please post all your questions and comments here..
$600 for a Race block would be "stickin' it to DA MAN!!!!"
Then we might have a B series revolution and many going back to D-series
but that's neither here or there

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
Just the labor involved in duplicating the block exactly would be 600$, digitized over 2k...of course, this is just development

After that you still need a large chunk of metal, 6061 aluminum??

Then how do you machine out the oil passages where a tool cannot get, and a plug will not be strong enough??

I call BS on this whole thing...but if you can do it for 600$, ill be your first buyer

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$600, because the machine that we are using is already payed off, and we already make enough money to pay the companies bills. And we collectively thought that no one in their right mind would pay $1000 for a d16 motor. We also make alum race blocks for small block chevy's in house, that run for $550 a block. Call us cheap if you want to, but we feel that we'd rather sell a larger quantity rather then ripping people off for single units.
As for the 400hp, well my buddy got 350hp on a built d16 N/A before blowing a piston through the hood. The engineer at my shop has figured that 13:1 should be doable, for race only...I mean figure it, you start with a race block, sleeved, stroked to a d18, high compression heads-pistons, stage 3 cams. Its not as if its a daily driver, and 400 is our low ball by the way, thats depending on a couple of varibles<sp?> but yeah.
Right now we are still in a R/D phase, it should take only about 3-4 months for us to get a production unit going. That is if our engineer's army reserve unit doens't get called up to active duty...that would suck.

Andrew

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahahaha good luck noob!!! send pics link any proof of this elegid 350 hp na car. hahaha stop getting everybody hiped up about this crap. your going to stroke out a d-series hehehahaha, funny. this is d-series.org not clubcrxsi.com, you dont have to lie to kick it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
damn dude why u gotta burn the man cuz hes a noob to the site. Not to cars. i bet u wouldnt believe it if i told u that i can probably build a block of my own since im a certified CADD technician and know plenty about motors. o yea, i cant cuz im a noob.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
Im not burning him because he is a Noob, I am burning him because I think CNC'ing a Block is going to cost a hell of a lot more than 600$. Noob means nothing here. Like I said, if they can do it, I will be first in line to buy one.

I am a certified cad operator too..yada yada yada....access to CNC machine in spare time...yada yada yada...AND I STILL DON'T THINK IT CAN BE DONE FOR $600

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea yea yea i'm a certified mechanic i graduated from universal technical institute in az. that has nothing to do with nothing.

i'm not burning him becouse he is a noob to the site, i love seeing new d members. i'm burning him becouse he is coming on the site saying he can do the impossible and trust me it is impossible. and he is obveisly lying about his elidged friend in his elidged 350 h.p. d. as for being certified, that has nothing to do with it IT IS STILL NOT TRUE. this guy is a bullshitter.

there is no way its even $550 for a sb 350, its bull

if your machine shop is so advanced and cooool, what is your web site, or a phone number so i can call talk to the owner. and see what is really going on down there.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Grow up, It's just an idea for RnD. Who's really bothered about whether or not his friend's got 350, even if it's near that it's still good work.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wwl lif ots no big deal to be a bullshitter then you should here about my car...

its a d16a6 non-vtec n/a i have 400whp, and i converted my 89 civic 4-door to rear wheel drive. it does 6 second 1/4 miles and does a wheelie the whole way through it. i also gutted the car and now it weighs 900lbs.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
sohcbuilder said:
wwl lif ots no big deal to be a bullshitter then you should here about my car...

its a d16a6 non-vtec n/a i have 400whp, and i converted my 89 civic 4-door to rear wheel drive. it does 6 second 1/4 miles and does a wheelie the whole way through it. i also gutted the car and now it weighs 900lbs.
well, that does sound believeable compared to the car i am going to go see this weekend

a guy from 2nd wind stopped by my house and saw my hatch, he told me about this hatch that he has just like mine with a 350 sb with SC, and rear wheel drive conversion...i told him i wanted to see it, and he gave me his number and told me i could drive it. i am bringing my digi cam so if its legit we all can enjoy in awe, and if its BS we all can laugh

1 - 20 of 32 Posts