Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone can tell me if im using block d16,crank shaft d17,piston d17,piston rod d17 is it plug and play or so on??thank you everyone for sharing

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
You need to investigate the crankshaft snout where the crank pulley bolts up. THAT is the important bit about doing the OEM stroker setup.

·
Registered
1997 Civic DX Hatch
988 Posts
need to use d17 oil pump (if you do this with a y engine you will need to drill a hole in it for the dip stick) will also need d17 oil pan and that will need a hole drilled in it for the dip stick. ( i cant remember the reason for needing the d17 oil pan but i used it for a reason i think)
also need d17 rear main seal.
as mentioned the crank snout size is different (thats the reason for oil pump change) also need the crank pulley from d17
some things to consider is that the piston will sit in the hole a ways depending on what pistons you end up using. can consider decking the block way down or using a custom piston.

if you check out some of my older build logs i built a stroker a while back should have some info that could be useful to you. also danz (or farmerD what ever he can be found as on the forum now lol) had a build log a long time ago and it has great info.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Dont forget the d17 timing belt. for some reason honda made it slightly narrow in comparison. The d16 belt is a bit wide

1 - 4 of 4 Posts