Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i buy on ebay an underdrive crank pulley of a d16 and want to put them on my d14 last weekend

it wil work, but i ned an d16 V-belt kit therefore, because the crank pulley of the d14 is biger than them of the d16

does anybody knows if a big ore a smal crank pulley is better for the power of the engin? (loosing of the climatic,....)

because i want to swap an d16z6 into my car and i can use the smal d16 underdrive crank pulley, but i also can use the big OEM crank pulley of my d14 if it is better

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You mess with the balance of the crank. Some aftermarket crank pulleys also do not come with a harmonic balancer.

In the end you may wipe out some bearings due to it. Also the power gains are minimal you can also run into voltage problems by turning the alternator slower at low idle with hid conversions and big stereos lol.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
the general conclusion is that after a few thousand miles they will wipe out your crank bearings

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so finaly the OEM d16 pulley is best on a d16 engin

but wil i get the same problems with bearings with the OEM d14 pulley on the d16 engin?

because if i want tu use the d16 pulle on my car, i must change much more to can use it with the d16 swap !

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I have a d15 and supposedly they can use a lightweight pulley without issue. I have had mine on for 8k miles havnt noticed any changes (negative) it actsa like if I went lighter on the flywheel. The car weighs 1950 with me in it and tank full. It helped me. Heavier is better for a heavy car. I would sya try it and if you don't like it then remove it. The theory of engine problems along with proof is irrelevent when your revving it to the limiter. Shit happens. Things wear and break. I wouldn't blame it on just that. Maybe a contributing factor but I've used numerous on friends cars during mild build never had an issue.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts