Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i now have intake exhaust and headers and was planning on getting the apexi neo afc and then a 35-55 shot of nitrous and then tuning it all at a local performance shop i was wondering what i would be running and what cars would i be hanging with such as a 2006 si or gsr's or what

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
kinda hard to say man, my guess would be around 115 with out the n2o, someone will correct me though- how is your clutch and suspension set-up?

·
Registered
26 Posts
okay so i now have intake exhaust and headers and was planning on getting the apexi neo afc and then a 35-55 shot of nitrous and then tuning it all at a local performance shop i was wondering what i would be running and what cars would i be hanging with such as a 2006 si or gsr's or what
If you just wanna hang out you can do that on any cars but If you mean hangout by keeping up then I dont see why not. Add a little more hp shot then stock b16 will be the one trying to keep up with you.

·
Registered
199 Posts
your gonna fall in love with the extra power...

Just go turbo... Its not gonna be that much more...

And tuning with that setup and that apexi unit aint gonna be worth the money either...

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
very easy, even cheaper if you want.

find a junkyard eclipse

turbo
injectors
sidemount
bov
rubber pipping

$300

find a hf manifold, what $100 tops?
used nitrous kit 200

colder plugs 12bucks

50-75hp by the push of a button

and

20minutes install with no reliabilty issues

priceless

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same set up '00 d16y8, Intake, Header, Catback, with a Zex dry 65 shot, you won't have too much luck with 07 Si. Well i have an Automatic so that might be the problem. But for the most part you will surprise a lot of people when you hit it. I smoked by Maxima's, Accords, older stock si's, Preludes can't pass me and the same with gsr's, all stock of course. But at the same time i don't have alot done to the engine. But definetly get colder burning plugs or you'll be changing them often.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
I have the same set up '00 d16y8, Intake, Header, Catback, with a Zex dry 65 shot, you won't have too much luck with 07 Si. Well i have an Automatic so that might be the problem. But for the most part you will surprise a lot of people when you hit it. I smoked by Maxima's, Accords, older stock si's, Preludes can't pass me and the same with gsr's, all stock of course. But at the same time i don't have alot done to the engine. But definetly get colder burning plugs or you'll be changing them often.
um the new si's are still in the 15's lol but the auto is holding you back a shit tone i mean i walked auto y8's in my stock d15b7 coupe lol

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
I got a buddy running a 55 shot on his d16a6 CRX Si with basic bolt ons and straigh thru exhaust(i mean straight, just a turbo muffler, ha, sounds like a 2 stroke), and he is running about a 12.0 through the 1000ft on drag radials and open diff. He also ran on another run a 9.2 1/8 mi on street tires, but the nitrous began to cut out before the 1000ft, so it was over a 12.0. BTW, he's on here, rex89si, he just never posts.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I love Nitrous.. I think I may build another Nitrous powered D... The last one I built ran high 11's. Maybe I will stuff it in a wagovan this time.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm new to having nitrous and i am having a hard time figuring out what size jet to use for either a 35 or 40 wet shot. I have a 10lbs nitrous express bottle that i bought off my friend.. It still needs a pressure guage and a nozzle. I also got 4 bosch platinum fusion with irridium spark plugs I do not know if these will work for this shot ima do.. I already know i gotta retard the timing a few degrees and i have to use 91 octane.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm new to having nitrous and i am having a hard time figuring out what size jet to use for either a 35 or 40 wet shot. I have a 10lbs nitrous express bottle that i bought off my friend.. It still needs a pressure guage and a nozzle. I also got 4 bosch platinum fusion with irridium spark plugs I do not know if these will work for this shot ima do.. I already know i gotta retard the timing a few degrees and i have to use 91 octane.
Those plugs are much hotter and will most likely burn up quick as stated previously.... Personally I would stick with ngk anyway :p

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts