Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
bump nice write up...im in the middle of building my mini me...instead though i am using a D15 block and a y8 head.....How does it pull though im trying to find out what to expect on my setup...

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Thanks.

The pull feels pretty good, but I'm still on the y7 tranny. I'm in looking for a y8 tranny right now.

I recently picked up a 4-2-1 header, and will install in about a month when it gets warmer. Hopefully that will add to it to finally finish my exhaust setup.

nice..ill be using the y7 tranny also until i get my y8 tranny...also looking to get an AEM cam gear and 4-2-1 header also to complete my exhaust..but ill be running a magnaflow muffler

i cant wait all i need is a few more parts and ill be tearing apart the b7 and puting together the mini me...its killing me cant wait to get back on the road...

well my mini me is almost done just waiting on the gaskets and timing belt kit and my VTEC controller to get here and its complete...cant wait

im in the same boat. still need to pick up gasket, studs, timing belt

im stoked to do the mini-me and then boost it ;)

hopefully monday my shit will be here..i havent driven my car in like 3 weeks..been driving my moms focus..BEAST

i've got everything i need for the mini-me. im takin my head out to get acid dipped and milled(just to be sure its flat) today or tomrrow and then i'll be swapping it all in this weekend. going to take a half day friday :)

-Luke

Discussion starter · #34 ·
I know that this is a late post, but I do not see anywhere on the write up where and how you install the knock sensor. Maybe I am a dummy (never done a minime swap before). Is the knock sensor already in the engine and I just have to wire it up?

Discussion starter · #35 ·
brotharon said:
I know that this is a late post, but I do not see anywhere on the write up where and how you install the knock sensor. Maybe I am a dummy (never done a minime swap before). Is the knock sensor already in the engine and I just have to wire it up?
Well, I think it is in the post...but if not...

I used a p28 ecu. It's OBD1. OBD1 doesn't look for a knock sensor. If your using the p2p ecu, you have to put the sensor in the block.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
ok, should the block already have the spot to mount the knock sensor, or do I have to drill and tap the block? Oh, and I forgot to mention, nice write-up.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I'm not 100% sure cause I didn't use the p2p ecu. I'm pretty sure it must be tapped though. You will have to do some research on that. Sorry

sweet write up. i may have to book more this for laterz. >.> ... <.< you ill use it later.

Beautiful write up :) i have been thinking about doing a mini me, but the electronics scare me but i gotta buddy thats good with that stuff so i bet me and him could figure it out, and its also going on my daily driver so i would have to collect all the parts take off work for the weekend and then have it running by sunday, but this write made me wanna do it more thanks, i wanna give my b7 a little more pep

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.