Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put a jrsc on my 96 ex and now it wont pass emissions inspection. says O2, evap and catalyst readiness monitors arent set. my buddy put a blower in his 00 Si b16. hes having the same exact problem. what do we do now???

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
what state are you in?

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
hmmm.. im not quite sure about the NY state emissions. there are e few guys from NY on site but i doubt you find them online at this hour. have you checked all sensors and plugs?

oh, and BTW DO NOT DOUBLE POST. ONE THREAD IS ENOUGH.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
minw wouldnt pass either but i dont have emissions, i believe you have to get a chipped ecu like hondatas s300 or crome and get it tuned, You'll pass emissions and get some gas millage back

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats what i figured. my brothers got an EP3 Si with an A2 head swap and blower. but hes running k-pro and he can turn all his monitors off and passes inspection. didnt want to put money into the car this year. might just pull the blower off. anyone in the buffalo area looking to sell an EG coupe cheap give me a heads up

·
Registered
13 Posts
this is off topic and sorry for thread jacking but where did you guys get ur JRSC from and how much? do you guys got any dyno graphs?

Reason why i'm asking is because i'm gonna me doin a mini-me (y8 head/y7 block) in my EK hatch and I wanted to supercharge it instead of turbo just to be a lil different.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i looked on ebay but there were no results. all i keep finding is those dumb/cheap electric superchargers for like $30.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts