Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic DX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a D16Y7 that's been turbocharged. While building the car I swapped my intake manifold with one from an automatic 1999 Civic EX. I also put a throttle body from a manual 1994 Civic EX. When I had my car dynotuned, I switched to a chipped PO7 (OBD1) and I was having idle issues because I didn't have an IACV. My tuner told me that I just needed to buy an OBD1 IACV, put it on, do a 3-to-2 wire conversion, and then my car would be fine.

Well, now I went to buy my IACV and realized that it seems the OBD1 IACVs won't fit on my intake manifold from the 1999 automatic. My intake manifold only has 1 hole on the back of it, whereas the older intake manifolds have multiples holes where the IACV bolts on. Do I need to put in a different intake manifold or is there some other way that I can use an OBD1 (2 wire) IACV on my setup? Thanks.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
pics would help.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Im surprised no one mentioned how its a 1999 manifold with the air injection or whatever holes near the fuel injectors.

·
Registered
1996 Civic DX
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up buying a ported D16Y8 manifold. I’ll be swapping them out tomorrow. Drilling holes into the manifold I have now would’ve worked fine. And yes it is the manifold with holes for air injection. I had welded those holes shut.

I ultimately decided to get the D16Y8 manifold cause it was ported and a pretty good deal so I figured why not get some extra gains especially since I’m already boosted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts