Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic dx
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a zc sohc, non v-tec. i have an extra head too. i am looking to go cheap and go high comp. i was thinking about full build:
-Pm7 P29 Pistons 76mm
-port and polish head
-high rev springs
-stanless valves
-stage 2 cam
-polish crank
-intake man/ skunk2
-injectors
-tuned, and ecu program
-aem fuel rail
-stage 2 clutch
all in a close to stock eg6/ 94 civic dx coupe/non v-tec

:yes:==== so what else would be needed? how much power would i make? and any other ideas? thanks======??

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
PG6s or NPR 30mm compression height P29s instead of the normal P29/PM7 piston.

Port? Yes. Polish? No.

Fuel rails are ghey.

Springs don't revolve.

You don't need new valves.

Cams are good.

Edelbrock>skunk2, IMO. Or, get a Z6 or Y8 manifold and port it. A ported Skunk2 or Blox would be better than anything else out of the box, I think.

Stock injectors are more than enough. If you desperately want to change injectors just to be cool, get RDX injectors and a kit from Rosko Racing or Xenocron.

Yes. That is a must.

Fuel rails are really ghey.

WTF does "stage 2" mean for a clutch? A stock clutch will work just fine. Really. I'm not joking. Well, as long as you don't smoke it by driving badly.

·
Registered
1988 CRX
544 Posts
PG6s or NPR 30mm compression height P29s instead of the normal P29/PM7 piston.

Port? Yes. Polish? No.

Fuel rails are ghey.

Springs don't revolve.

You don't need new valves.

Cams are good.

Edelbrock>skunk2, IMO. Or, get a Z6 or Y8 manifold and port it. A ported Skunk2 or Blox would be better than anything else out of the box, I think.

Stock injectors are more than enough. If you desperately want to change injectors just to be cool, get RDX injectors and a kit from Rosko Racing or Xenocron.

Yes. That is a must.

Fuel rails are really ghey.

WTF does "stage 2" mean for a clutch? A stock clutch will work just fine. Really. I'm not joking. Well, as long as you don't smoke it by driving badly.
x2 on everything... and VTEC doesn't have a dash in it.

·
Registered
92 cx
931 Posts
I think you need to focus on what you are building this for. Ask yourself, is this a track car, street car? Do you like good gas mileage? Do you want to use 93 octane? Then build accordingly to your standards whether it may be a daily driver or beater whatever its purpose you need to ask more specific questions...

Because you asked "what else would be needed?" and I can't make that decision for you when i don't know what you are building it for.

Personally I'd focus on the building the bottom end if you are going n/a, then the head, fully rebuilt (with upgraded valve springs and parts replaced that need to be) and ported. If you want to go spend the extra $15+ a valve and replace all 16 valves go ahead. Then when you eff up the stuff you forgot to ask us and bend those valves don't come crying back.

I'm sure there's much more that needs to be covered on your build, but as I said I am limited to giving you options as I don't know your budget either. Because trust me they get expensive done right.

·
Registered
94 civic dx
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it will be a street car, but i drive the hell otta it all the time, so i want a good build. i dont really car bout mpg i just want fast/ reliable car. the mods sound good to me. i will really know what i have money for soon, im trying to buy a nice 92 hatch shell with b-series parts in it just needs a motor

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
it will be a street car, but i drive the hell otta it all the time, so i want a good build. i dont really car bout mpg i just want fast/ reliable car. the mods sound good to me. i will really know what i have money for soon, im trying to buy a nice 92 hatch shell with b-series parts in it just needs a motor

he never said cheap...

·
Registered
92 cx
931 Posts
I would personally check out people's d16 builds then come ask questions after you figure out what you really want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts