Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, have a question i hope you's can help with.
i have a 97 civic coupe ej6, the engine is a d16y7. can i change the head for a vtec head and if so what else would i need to change?
thanks

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
:uh: JESUS ..... Please search there is a million + write ups all over the web

"get a d16y8 head, complete y8 manifold, and a ecu"
And ....? wiring up the vtec and getting a dizzy

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
You must be mad! Thinking you can just go around putting VTEC on things. What's next VTEC on blenders? VTEC on TV Remotes? VTEC on ceiling fans?

IT'S MADNESS I TELL YOU PURE MADNESSSSS!

As others have said, search!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
cheers, sorry for being a noob.i've had b series honda's before but don't kno much about d series motors. had tried searching but theres a lot of crap on the web so jus thought i'd ask the question to get a proper answer.

·
Registered
'97 hatch
438 Posts
http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/27126-d-series-org-engine-building-tech.html

^Here's a good place to start reading. (All the stickies are informative) You'll want to make sure the new head is at TDC as well.

Also do yourself a favor and get some ARP's for when you take the head off for some reason the next time.

You must be mad! Thinking you can just go around putting VTEC on things. What's next VTEC on blenders? VTEC on TV Remotes? VTEC on ceiling fans?

IT'S MADNESS I TELL YOU PURE MADNESSSSS!
As a matter of fact, I do have a VTEC blender. You're making a shake and all of a sudden, it's like waaaaaaaaaaWAAAAAHHH!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts