Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haveca greddy type s bov with greddy turbo kit, when I got the car it was so quiet when blowing off that you could barely hear it and thats at 7psi.so I read up a bunch and saw that the singl spring mod makes it much more redponsive and u can actual ly hear it lol. So I did it and yup it sounded great like every other iv heard , but I had a leak out the discharge hole that I couldnt fix even on hardest setting.so back to two springs and Im trying differentvsettings soft to hard and I get a super quiet ting even at 1psi if too soft but a ting ting ting if too hard.and theres no in between. Iv disassembled to verify condition and it looks mi t.any recommendation s? im thinking time for a diff bov..one I can hear n enjoy

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
My greddy type rs bov is set at the lightest setting with 2 springs inside.

I can hear the bov whoosh at 1 psi (I'm running 9 psi at full boost)

Where is your bov mounted?

Before or after the intercooler?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My greddy type rs bov is set at the lightest setting with 2 springs inside.

I can hear the bov whoosh at 1 psi (I'm running 9 psi at full boost)

Where is your bov mounted?

Before or after the intercooler?
U mean the lightest setting , as in only one turn into the top ?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Wow if I have it 3 turns or less it flutters with even 1 psi.im startin to wonder if I have a knock off and thats why its so finicky
Obviously....

I had a type-s BOV that was a knock off, same issue. Until I upped the boost pressure. I just run no BOV now... @ 20+ psi

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Obviously....

I had a type-s BOV that was a knock off, same issue. Until I upped the boost pressure. I just run no BOV now... @ 20+ psi
Cool story ...you should turn the boost up to 30+ psi and try runninf diesel itl go waaay faster.then let us all know how fast it is , itl be another cool story

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Cool story ...you should turn the boost up to 30+ psi and try runninf diesel itl go waaay faster.then let us all know how fast it is , itl be another cool story
Bro get off my tip. I dont want your opinion.

My point is no BOV is needed. What you should be concerned with is your lack of knowledge.

Can we get this tool bag banned yet?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,227 Posts
Bro get off my tip. I dont want your opinion.

My point is no BOV is needed. What you should be concerned with is your lack of knowledge.

Can we get this tool bag banned yet?
Only after Full Tilt and you first.

Full Tilt made the first snarky remark, planetx replied back in the same way.

You made a snarly remark, again planetx lobed it right back.

Other than his lack of grammar and typos...might be why I passed over all his posts.

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
No need to be a smart aleck. Read again what CaliLegal posted.

CaliLegal is a respected member of DSO.

He is giving you his real world experiences and knowledge.

Remarks like this will get you nowhere.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Quit post whoring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.