Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
civic ej7
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please advise what injectors to buy , d16y7 turbo , td05 .. 420cc run out at 11 psi

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
look at the subaru guys who run the 16g td05. Im sure they probably upgrade to at least 600cc injectors for that turbo.

Try to find an injector size that gets you no more than 80% injector duty cycle.

but you have the known turbo size. If you can figure out the math between what the turbo can flow for air and how much your engine needs to stay happy, you can find a happy medium.

Me personally, Id love a large margin, so Id probably want 750cc injectors or bigger.

ID 1000's can still idle very very well on a 1.6L

·
Registered
civic ej7
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
look at the subaru guys who run the 16g td05. Im sure they probably upgrade to at least 600cc injectors for that turbo.
thank you, i was thinking about at least 600cc-750cc , the question is what type of injectors are needed, i mean, i don't know what can fit in fuel ramp, and intake manifold, it's a z6 swaped manifold
sorry for that kind of noob questions, i bought my car with alredy built engine

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Those hunter injectors flow 800cc. Right on their website.

Decapped injectors do sacrifice a little drivability at low rpm and idle. Sometimes can make stop and go traffic a bit annoying. Not every setup will expose it, so get some feedback with people who have them before purchase.

Cannot beat the price though. $100 gets you 4 injectors that probably wont ever clog up unless you get gas from a shit gas station

1 - 9 of 9 Posts