Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a bunch of free parts, a nice free EJ8 civic, and some free engines off Craigslist. Goal right now D16y8, 11:1 pump gas/ E85 turbo <8psi build 200-220hp.

the parts I found for free or traded work for so far

D16y8
PM28 with chip burner crome
pm7 pistons lathed to flat 29.7 Comp Height
ACL standard rods
ACL standard main
ARP headstuds
d16y8 Honda head gasket
ENDYN oil pump mods
obd1 distributor
gates timing belt

Modified replacement D16a1 pistons Comp Height 29.7, -1.2cc dome CR11:1
Here's where I would post lots of pics of the parts if the site rules allowed it.

Anyone know a good tuner near south Ohio? What size injectors for E85? What size turbo for quick spool and max of 250hp-300hp, The precision 6262 I have is prob to big. I haven't worked on cars for 15-17 years so I'm really rusty, my last project was in like 2002 a CD5 with a Turbo [email protected]

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
What part of southern Ohio?

Eric Jarvis is just across the river, Huntington/Ashland area.

Mad Scientist Auto on FB
Catlettsburg, Kentucky 41129

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
6262 is overkill. I've had good experiences with BW EFR 6258 and Evo 3 16g.

I made 300whp with both and spool is very fast.

6262 is 600+whp with boost coming in hard at 6k rpm.

Does injector nation still have injectors? I have their 900's and they are just as good as my ID2000's.

Is there a reason you want e85 for 300hp?

You said you have more engines, have a crank with 2 oil holes per journal to switch out the y8 crank?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What part of southern Ohio?
Cincinnati I just haven't worked on cars for a long time. Should I just google search "dyno tuner"? All the ones I used to know are gone.

Is there a reason you want e85 for 300hp?

You said you have more engines, have a crank with 2 oil holes per journal to switch out the y8 crank?

I just want to learn about E85 and I want to try it out every gas station here has it.

I didn't know about the y8 crank oil feed holes I'll look in to it, the ZC crank should work. I was going to blueprint it in a few days or this weekend

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I just want to learn about E85 and I want to try it out every gas station here has it.

I didn't know about the y8 crank oil feed holes I'll look in to it, the ZC crank should work. I was going to blueprint it in a few days or this weekend
First off, I love e85 for my 612whp d16, but I would never even consider it in my 300whp Civic. It is great fuel for high hp...

E85 makes a lot more maintenance, simply not worth it for 300whp. E85 absorbs water, I thought my hg was blown first couple times I started my car, water blowing out the exhaust, oil looks like mud for the first 15 minutes of running, but I do have 40thou p2w clearances. There are random amounts of ethenol in the fuel everytime you get it from a gas station pump. I've had as low as 60% and as high as 90%.

Compare a y8 crank to a z6 crank, you will see the difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First off, I love e85 for my 612whp d16, but I would never even consider it in my 300whp Civic. It is great fuel for high hp...
So is it not reliable in your opinion? Flex fuel cars seam to work ok.

I started honing the block tonight. It had bad scratches on the walls and about 10mins with a new 320grit flex hone submerged in a tank of cutting fluid did not delete them I can still feel them a great deal. I will be going to the auto parts store later in the week to look for something rougher like 240 grit and then step hone it back to 400 once the score marks are gone I hope that doesn't change the dimensions of the cylinders to much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts