Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am building a 96 civic coupe to run on dirt track. Have a couple of engines i can build but don't know what to build? Have a d16y7, d16y5, and some parts for a d16y8. Looking for opinions on building a engine for this civic that would help with mid range power? Rules says "stock" but was looking at getting a lightweight flywheel and clutch set and maybe a small cam? Any imput that you could give would be helpful. Also any thing that i might do to help get a little more out of this civic?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a aluminum crank pulley, a vtec head. That is about all that was good on old motor. And have a running y8 that we ran this year that is completely stock but ha a bad automatic trans.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have a complete y8 that sounds like the ticket, its is stock and correct for the model, has vtec and the best performance of the three (if I recall correctly)

Most important in my opinion if your are going to be racing - parts will be super easy to find and very affordable. Assuming you are dropping into a manual chassis (as you mentioned flywheel and clutch kit) the engine should drop right in and connect to everything (meaning I don't think any of the engine components change because its a manual or auto - although I could be incorrect, never bothered to work on anything with an auto)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
think i am going to build the y5 block with y7 pistons use the y8 head and intake. what is everyones feed back on this combonation?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts