Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a G1 Prelude. I want to replace the original engine and auto trans with a better engine.

I tried a b16a1 with a M24A but it was too wide for the g1 engine bay and required chassis cuts.

I have a few questions that could help me with my project:
  1. Does anybody know or can measure the width of a d16 dohc with auto trans?
  2. What code or codes are the dohc auto trans?
  3. Do the sohc d16a use the same auto trans?
  4. I've found a D16a9 engine and manual trans. What do I need to put it into my car with an auto trans..... Loom/ecu/shafts/auto trans/any particular sensors etc? Bearing in mind it will be a show build.
  5. Is it possible to run an auto trans without an ecu and loom if I bought this engine and ran Webbers ditching FI and added whatever was needed for ignition?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,191 Posts
going to go out on a limb and say its not worth it.

mounts, wiring, ecu, axles....

·
4,191 Posts
so, buy you a d16 with ecu and spend your time fitting it and making it work. you could make a build thread here and help someone in the future

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your response doesn't help answer any of my questions. If you read my first post I did this with a b16 and found it was too wide. I therefore came to a reputable forum to seek some sensible answers if they exist to help me.

If answers follow and it seems feasible I can then build such thread to help others too. However I would imagine there are people of knowledge that may know at least some of the answers I seek.

·
4,191 Posts
but you just said "Time and efforts not an issue." so, take your time and make an effort to hit a junkyard and get a measurement lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the UK and there's none around. So maybe there are some owners on the forum who could help.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
392 Posts
Where in the UK are you?
If you're not too far fom Hampshire, we could perhaps meet and you could measure a z6 in situ. It's a got a manual box, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts