Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
ek for dd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1996 coupe with a d16y8 block and y7 nonvtec head. (cam gear broke and blew the y8 vtec head and i got a y7 head for free. so no vtec for me)

i also have a Td05 16g turbo off my mitsubishi evo 8 with the 9.8 hotside

i want to run a HF ex. mani. with an adapter

i just want to do a simple/cheap turbo setup on my dd. not looking for big numbers.

? is.... will my 16g bolt up to the hf manifold? if so, what kind of adapter do i need to purchase? can anyone give me a link?

i plan to also run:

-dsm 440cc injectors
-hks ssqv bov
-johnnyracecar/ebay fmic with custom charge pipes
-p28 unchipped at 8psi

any idea what kind of power i can expect from this setup?

thnx in advance for everyones help

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
0 psi safly with an "unchipped" ecu. do not boost your civic without some sort of engine managment. your oil pump is prone to fail. fix those two problems then search search search. 220whp is breaking point for your stock motor and you shouldnt have a problem w/ hitting that with that turbo. and as far as an addapter what flange is the turbo....cuz you need an hf to (turbo flange ) addapter

·
Registered
89 Posts
i was told the p28 is good enough "unchipped" for up to 10psi?
no no no, the stock map sensor is good till 11 pounds. A P28 can read whatever, but if it's not chipped you're not going to get it running on different injectors or pump, and you will run mad lean and blow it up.

You need a P28 chipped with a basemap on to get running, after that you should at least street tune to keep it relatively safe.

actually, since you don't have a vtec head, you can use a p06 ecu.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
if you run the p28 you will get codes for vtec, you will need to at least get the ecu chipped to work on the codes you will get and tune it properly.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Online dyno is closed stop asking these question we dont know every setup is different and will make different power. And with a unchipped ecu enjoy your time bomb
wow what you just said is probably the same as your avtar to the OP---:shuriken:

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
i was told the p28 is good enough "unchipped" for up to 10psi?
Stop listening to people, do your own research and make your own decisions.

Oh and direct whoever told you that to the nearest set of train tracks and tell him to wait.

·
Registered
ek for dd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i want to run a p28 also because i am ging to get an obd2-obd1 jumper harness.

if i run a po6 , can i just use an safc for a safe tune?

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
i want to run a p28 also because i am ging to get an obd2-obd1 jumper harness.

if i run a po6 , can i just use an safc for a safe tune?
You could, but you are missing the point! A chipped ECU can do everything a VAFC/SAFC can do and much more. You can run any OBD1 ECU, since VTEC can be added if you want it later on, or disabled for now if you use a P28. You will need someone like Xenocron.com to get you a base map, which will at least get everything setup for the DSM injectors. Then you need to take to someone to tune your whole set up.

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
i have a 1996 coupe with a d16y8 block and y7 nonvtec head. (cam gear broke and blew the y8 vtec head and i got a y7 head for free. so no vtec for me)

i also have a Td05 16g turbo off my mitsubishi evo 8 with the 9.8 hotside

i want to run a HF ex. mani. with an adapter

i just want to do a simple/cheap turbo setup on my dd. not looking for big numbers.

? is.... will my 16g bolt up to the hf manifold? if so, what kind of adapter do i need to purchase? can anyone give me a link?

i plan to also run:

-dsm 440cc injectors
-hks ssqv bov
-johnnyracecar/ebay fmic with custom charge pipes
-p28 unchipped at 8psi

any idea what kind of power i can expect from this setup?

thnx in advance for everyones help
your answer is right here
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87611

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Stop listening to people, do your own research and make your own decisions.

Oh and direct whoever told you that to the nearest set of train tracks and tell him to wait.
Oh god this was to funny I cant believe there are people so stupid out there and even dumber people that listen to that crap. Rule of thumb for the OP if they drive a b series they know nothing about a D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts