Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic dx coupe
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone try this it looks like if i use z6 cam and rocker assembly it may work.
i know the oil and coolant passages are in diff locations, but i havent been able to find any info on swapping cams.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
dont fuck with it. regrinds are cheap and reliable if you pay attention to what others say about the various companies that offer the service

and hopefully you dont intend to actually toss a d17 head on a d15/d16 block

that would be stupid, especially since you can source any d15/d16 head for less then a paycheck.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Not sure if the VTEC D17 is similar, but for the non-VTEC head, maybe if you lock the VTEC rockers(simplest would be to install the pins backwards) or use other means to pressurize the rockers.

·
Registered
95 civic dx coupe
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have a D16 already. this is for my girls car she has a 04 ex. and im only interested in this to do away with the vtec e cam in there now. i have a spare z6 cam and valve train, so i figured why not. i was just trying to see if anyone has tried this and what their end result was

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
again, regrinds. You could probably sell your z6 cam for 40-50 on honda-tech, and a regrind would cost 90-250 bucks

delta, web, colt, etc....

·
Registered
95 civic dx coupe
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand regrinds are cheap. Im actually ordering my cam from delta tomorrow. This was just to see if it was possible. If anyone has done it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
the heads aren't the same i don't think it would work just on gut

1 - 8 of 8 Posts