Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new here! I recently picked up a 99 ex coupe with a mismatched motor, trans, and wiring harness. I really didn't know what I was looking at until I had the car for a bit. I have a y5 block, and I believe the wiring harness is a y 5 also. transmission not sure, and a y8 head jerry wired for vtec to work. I plan to build a y8 or a z6 block this winter to put in for the summer but had a few questions, one of them being If the engine burns oil but not significantly (only in vtec) would I have to bore out the cylinders completely or could I get away with just a hone, new rings, and ar resurfacing?

·
Registered
90 Civic LX / 90 CRX HF
80 Posts
Welcome to the D forum.

You would SHOULD be able to get away with a hone and some new rings. I believe the spec the cylinder bore is 75.07 mm, so as long as it is within spec you should be good to go. That being said I would make sure that it's not an issue in regards to vtec. I wouldn't know because I don't have vtec :(

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the D forum.

You would SHOULD be able to get away with a hone and some new rings. I believe the spec the cylinder bore is 75.07 mm, so as long as it is within spec you should be good to go. That being said I would make sure that it's not an issue in regards to vtec. I wouldn't know because I don't have vtec :(

Good luck!
Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts