Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, income tax is here and i have 2,700 to spend.

alot of people are telling me to sell my d15b7 EF and get something newer, but i love it and for a while been looking into the z6 boosted builds, i like that fact that its going to be a direct drop in with no changing linkages or axles etc, watching videos, i love the performance, and its streetable.

my goals for now are around 200-250 HP, daily driven.

i see the vitara/eagle combo being used alot so i was going to scoop up a block and do that set up, i cant do it my self just yet so count labor in.

my question can i safely boost the stock head to my HP goals? i heard something about valve float?

i know the stock block can handle that much HP but just incase block guard it?

so a little rap up, 200-250HP is my goal, mildly built bottom end, stock head, and source my own turbo kit.

i been doing research and looking at peoples builds i just need a little more help

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Yes as long as you keep your revs decent your head will be fine. A bg is not necessary.

And I would suggest learning to build it yourself. If you get someone else to do it you have no idea what they did and if you get a machine shop to build it then gl getting a refund or something if they fuck something up because 9 times out of 10 they will blame it on you. Not only will you save money but you will learn a lot in the process.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i want to build it my self, im not really in a rush to get it in and running so i might consider that, just sounds really overwhelming.

i guess ill have to do some more searching

·
11,892 Posts
Not overwhelming at all and yeah if you throw pistons and rods in your bottom end then you're good for much more than 250whp.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i read that it can safely boost 200-220 ish but im sure ill want more power along the road later, might as well get it over with while i have it disassembled ya know, i want the bottom end to last a while.

·
11,892 Posts
That's good thinking.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i found a build i can kind of use as a guide, sounds like something i would want to do minus the 400HP, daily drive on 9 and highest boost ill prob go to is around 12-15 untill i learn more about everything.

stock head, arp studs, vitaras, and eagle rods, and call it a day, boost to about 250HP and ill be happy for a long time, coming from a d15b7 dual point.. of view lol

if you follow the link its post #12 and he has a picture of the dyno

vitara d16

just for reference my setup is this
stock z6 head
stock z6 intake manifold
y8 block with VITARA's and eagle rods, other wise stock
drag manifold
t3/t4 57 trim .60/.63 about 25psi
3" open downpipe
street tuned on cromePro by me O0
im extremely stoked on these numbers, i never expected it to be over 400whp...it suprised the hell out of me because im still on teh stock head and stock intake manifold...oh and the shitty drag manifold, cant believe i got 400 hp out of that too!!! and for the haters these vitaras ROCK! FJT informed me that this IS a new record for the most horespower made on these pistons...and for those that say it wont last....its been boosted and running 20+psi daily for the last 9 months allready... :S

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
ok i found a build i can kind of use as a guide,

if you follow the link its post #12 and he has a picture of the dyno

vitara d16
That build got to be drinkingmaster's, I don't know if you ever driving a 7.5:1 compression setup while not in boost for dd but It won't be nice unless in boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts