Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By fluke , I ran into a mate who was moving away and had some parts that he was giving away . In the mix of parts was a D16 block , which had been bored out to ( I think ) 175mm .
My question here is .... " what would be the best pistons to fit this block ?"

Any hints / info on re-building this block is greatly appreciated .

Cheers ,
DJ Dragon

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that was a mistype .... and that is why I typed in my previous message ( I think ) , regarding 175mm .
As far as I can gather , because I haven't been able to contact my mate , it was recommended that a larger set of rings would compensate for the mods done to the block .
Could someone recommend which pistons / rings / etc that would be worth my while to go with ?

·
Ikillyoutillyoudiefromit
07 Si Sedan
389 Posts
Well, you are going to need to measure the bore diameter of you engine. Once you know this dimension you will be able to purchase the correct diameter pistons for your engine and the appropriate rings. Remember that you will have to size your rings to your bore diameter before you install them. Download the Honda manual off the internet for the 88-91 Civic and you should be able to find the service limit dimensions for both piston clearances and ring gap. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts