Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i started my new engine build well tear down today, i took apart my block and i guess whoever had the motor before me didn't use coolant because there is so much scale build up in my water jacket the rest of the block is good and the sleeves are good too. does any one know how to get rid of the scale and crap that is in the water jacket i know it will have to be a chemical but what can i use with the aluminum.

thanks to anyone with info,

ill post pics thursday after the scaling is out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
there is this bathroom cleaner called CLR it removes calcium lime and rust hence the name,that stuff will clean anything just don't get it on your skin man!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going with the fj distributors bottom end high compression kit and a bisimoto stage 2 cam but i dont know if i am going to get the nitrous cam yet seeing as tho i am not going to run nitrous all the time. but i am also going to run bisimoto valve springs and retainers ,aem cam gear and a hondata ecu. i am also doing a port/ hone on my intake ports and a polish on my exhaust.

those are all the mods i have lined up for the motor. the flywheel and clutch will be upgraded too and dropping into an eg shell if i can find one. im thinking a track style street car. but wee will see

1 - 4 of 4 Posts