Honda D Series Forum banner

All motor y8 build 180-200 hp gains possible?

• Hell yeas

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • yes lower: but 150-180 hp

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • slim chance

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • r u seroius screw it- turbo

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
1991 Civic Si
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys couple threads ago i was goin to build a low comp d16 stroker motor for my ef hatch from my y8 motor...i was looking at http://gude.com and they seem to have alot of D16 weather it be a A6, Z6, or Y8 all motors builds apperently running 12's in the quarter...and my question is do you guys think that is worth to build a all motor d16 verse a bossted d16...grantited i live around an area that the fastest cars are running low 13's some 12's most 14-15's gude performance claims on a y8 motor with his pnp head, cam, skunk2 intake manny and ported throttle body a 55 hp gain over stock.. i have that less the skunk2 intake on my car right now and i do see quiet a difference in acceleration, etc. is a reality to be able to build a y8 motor to push 180-200hp? all motor no nos...etc. i've heard claims all around that its possible give me what you fellow tuners think....fact vs fiction. Can she be done.threw in couple pics of what i'm workin with not the cleanest or the best but what i got...lol aight thanks guys

Attachments

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
oh god don't get bone started on gude. let me see if i can quote him correctly. "his product was shit 10 years ago and it still shit now. it probly the same shit he hasn't finish selling thats been on his shelf for 10 years." lol.

·
Registered
95 Civic EX
338 Posts
im probly about to turbo my d15b

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i say go for the n/a side of things man-if you have the cash, know-how, and the right people it can be done.. however the motor will have to be built i'm pretty sure- probably a good pnp job, nice big cam,bisi or maybe smsp header, etc- others on here will be able to help you out some more

·
Banned
1991 Civic Si
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i have the money and theres alot of east coast tuner shops with good reps around here, i want to be different then all others, i was goin to go low comp n boost but have a clean open engine bay with just one hela engine is more my style.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Well, you could always send your block to Bisi and just give him like $10,000. Other than Bisi, I believe Rushi is the closes to 180hp and he's done a LOT of work; this is not just parts he bought off the shelf and such, since there's not even a lot of support for D-series, but his own research and labor.

IMO: going N/A just to be different/style FTL!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
170 whp D15..............

D16 WHAT?

Last price I got from Bisi was $4k for the bottom end, I didn't dig into his details.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
Its possible to get 180-200hp but it will take some time and most importantly money. Now, if you lower your standards a little to the 150-180hp will be more obtainable.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
Its possible to get 180-200hp but it will take some time and most importantly money. Now, if you lower your standards a little to the 150-180hp will be more obtainable.

x2 well said best answer so far that i have seen.

to the OP slow your roll and learn what it takes to make a D get up to those power levels. anything is possible the only thing that can hold you back from any possible goal is money and how balanced your set-up is.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts

·
Banned
1991 Civic Si
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bisi do they have a website i can reference to call them? wanna get the wheels turning before i get shipped back to iraq. thanks

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
you know, i have a d16y8 and have a cheap turbo kit in the mail but over the last couple of days ive been thinking about holding on the the kit for awhile and just building up the engine first. im,tb,rods,pistons,build head, and then boost it will all the proper fm and a damn good tune. you ask 180-200hp .....i say possible but rare. 150-180 fo sho.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts