Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! Sorry for my bad English.
Write with such a problem.

My friend have Civic MB3. Engine d15z8,and he bad,very very bad. Cylinder-piston group having too bad condition. It does 0-60mph in, like, 19 seconds.

I write from Russia.Here very difficult find this engine in good conddition with small mileage.
We want to rebuild this engine. Recess block of cylindres, install piston 0.25 or 0.5.
In my town nobody know about this engine.
Problem is pistons. Their cost is too much(oem) . Does not have analogues.

on forums i reading : all engines d-series have 75mm piston diameter. But bottom of piston are different . Because of that compression ratio different too!

I need some advice,but rather accurate information. Which pistons would approach in d15z8 engine? From any japanese d-series engine? I need oem code or analogue.

I hear d15z6 and d15z8 have identical size pistons. But comression ratio different. Head cylindres identical.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
Honda Civic
100 Posts
You may not get OEM, but elsewhere are plenty around the world.

When I did my D15, first I have machinist/engineer to measure, then calculate the over-size.

Once you know the over-size, then you may be able to search for complete piston and ring set, bearings and gaskets.

Get the over-size pistons.
then go to back to machinist and he will measure again new piston set, and machine cylinder to correct size for each piston.

Can you post some pictures ?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Find piston code

PM3, PG6, PNP, etc...

ALso, find specifications. compression height, dish volume...

Take a look at various offerings
https://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html

If matching other more common honda pistons, makes much easier finding.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may not get OEM, but elsewhere are plenty around the world.

When I did my D15, first I have machinist/engineer to measure, then calculate the over-size.

Once you know the over-size, then you may be able to search for complete piston and ring set, bearings and gaskets.

Get the over-size pistons.
then go to back to machinist and he will measure again new piston set, and machine cylinder to correct size for each piston.

Can you post some pictures ?
Yeah.Today engine being disassemble. Tommorow i take pictures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pistons in original have code p2j. But pistons which stand in engine unknown until that.We don't know anybody rebuild this engine earlier.
tommorow we'll find out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Find piston code

PM3, PG6, PNP, etc...

ALso, find specifications. compression height, dish volume...

Take a look at various offerings

If matching other more common honda pistons, makes much easier finding.

Pistons in original have code p2 j. But pistons which stand in engine unknown until that.We don't know anybody rebuild this engine earlier.
tommorow we'll find out

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
P2J is most likely going to be somewhere around 28.5 to 30mm compression height. Just a GUESS, since D16Y7 and D16Y8 america market piston codes start with P2

Center of wrist pin to top edge of piston ring land = compression height.

If you find matching numbers on that link I posted, you can search on ebay using american piston codes. many sellers ship internationally

1 - 8 of 8 Posts