Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
civic vx
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off my names Bryan and im new to the whole forum thing. Hoping to meet some people that have a little insight on my plans to go turbo. I just want some opinions on doing a d15z1 with y8 head as my first turbo platform so i can learn on something thats not 2000 dollar built bottom end... since itll prolly end up blown up eventually lol.

From what i understand this combo will yield a high 7- low 8 compression and all it requires is y8 head, arp head studs, z6 o2 sensor, chipped p28 and all the required turbo goodies right??? Basically im just wondering if this is just a waste of time, I want something cheap to beat on for my first turbo motor but it needs to get me at least into the low 200 whp range.

And since everybody loves pics heres the beginning of the project :) Mostly stock 92 civic vx, eibach sportline springs, gsr interior andsome legit spoon mirrors...

Pictures by Bryan_Rundell - Photobucket

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
It can be done even with the z1 head tho ppl will say otherwise. I also dOnt have any experiance with this cOmbo but I'm gonna say source you a y8 or a z6 block. But read all the thru the FAQ and stickies and don't be afraid to pm ppl or ask about there build. It's never a waste of time unless you make it. I seen a 255hp z1 a couple years back I think he was getting 50ish mpgs

Just remember a tune is gonna make or break you build so factor that into everything.
Be respectful and be thicked skin but dont do dumb shit to piss ppl off.

Welcome to d-series

·
Registered
civic vx
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks man Ill take the advise... Im kinda suprised i havent gotten more feedback... I thought d series was all about makin due with what you have and mis matching. Guess ill just have to quit askin questions and start ordering parts :D

1st order or business... get my y8 head planed and i was also thinking about getting a omni tb and getting the intake mani machined to the same size. any thoughts on that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts