Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 TL1000R
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a buddy of mine with a del sol that someone decided to throw a z1 into his blown up shell, needless to say it runs like a pos!- anyway i just swapped out my engine in my ek for a y8 so i have a spare y7 engine- my question is multy part
CAN y7 pistons fit in a z1....(i know 1.5 to 1.6)
i know the y7 will bolt up but with one different bolt(one obd2 bolt i think???)
Can i use the obd1 dizzy in the y7obd2a head?
and will the p06 ecu i have sittion arround work with the combo(190cc inj)

any help would be appreciated-i wouldnt even have a problem doing a full swap to the y7 if that would be smarter- just let me know ur opionions and the facts please THANKS in advance!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
nope on the pistons unless you used D15 rods and then compression would be just as bad.

too much machine work for no gains.

·
Registered
2001 TL1000R
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks trans- appreciate it- not sure what we"ll end up doing but the slo has like 00 hp and gets less then 20mpg-lol
hes pissed and the 5 wire 02 is there and the p07 ecu so i didnt know where else to go with it for him, we have to change the belt and water pump shortly since his pump is leaking so i told him i'd ask arround to see what the best options were/are

·
Registered
2001 TL1000R
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why when i put this mixture in the compression cal. it says 11.3 :1 ?? any ideas?

·
Registered
civic
63 Posts
The y7 pistons have a higher compression height. They are 2.25mm higher then the z1 pistons. If you where to use them they'de probably be sitting out of the block. Throw a z6 head on it. My buddy had a d15z1 with a z6 head and said it was pretty quick. Faster then his jdm d15b vtec he has now.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
The y7 pistons have a higher compression height. They are 2.25mm higher then the z1 pistons. If you where to use them they'de probably be sitting out of the block. Throw a z6 head on it. My buddy had a d15z1 with a z6 head and said it was pretty quick. Faster then his jdm d15b vtec he has now.
That would make the compression stupid low (~7.8:1). I think your friend must have had a b7, because I think there is no way that a z1 with a z6 head would be faster than anything, just judging from that fact that you are losing about 1.5 points of compression by switching the head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts