Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 civic vx. with a d15z1 motor. my friend is giving me his turbo kit for the d16z6 for free. will everything work out cool? how much power should i expect out of it? is it worth it to put it on?

·
Registered
73 Posts
If it's free, it's deffinately worth a shot! Seriously, it's not going to make the VX into a barn burner - the trans ratios and tiny ports will make sure of that. The only concern that I would have would be the "lean burn" mode that the VX uses for gas mileage - lean+boost=boom. If you had proper fuel compensation from some form of fuel management, the risk would be decreased but I don't think most systems for the Z6 had the VTEC-E in mind. There are turbo kits for the later D17's, so it can be made to work with VTEC-E.

So, in short, I think it would be a nice addition - especially for free. You'd just be out the install time (and tuning which would be very important here). And, you'd have the turbo setup if you ever swapped out for a Z6 in the future. As far as bolting on there should be no problems.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i'd swap to a z6 head or if your short on cash go for a a6 head and a z6 i/m definetly be better for the turbo. you will probably have to run at liek 6psi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts