Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out my stock d15z1 for a d16z6 in my civic VX, I bought an o2 sensor for the d16z6 and wired it with no check engine light. everything's hooked up where it should be. Now my concern is that i'm burning a lot of gas, like twice as much. what could be the problem? is there something else i need to rewire? or could it be timing? the car idles at about 1500 when i first start it then works it's way down to about 600... any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
well, what kind of gas mileage are you getting, and what ecu are you running. I ask because the Z1 ecu will kick your vtec in at 2500, instead of 5700 (i belive thats stock p28 vtec). Also i belive (i could be very wrong) that the z6 uses slightly larger injectors. Couple that with early vtec, and thats a recipie for bad gas mileage.

ALSO...
You were probaly getting close to 50mpg with your vx, and if you beat on your z6, you will get half that. Ive gotten 22mpg to a tank with my z6, but i was whoopin on it the whole time.

K

·
0 Posts
5speed4life said:
well, what kind of gas mileage are you getting, and what ecu are you running. I ask because the Z1 ecu will kick your vtec in at 2500, instead of 5700 (i belive thats stock p28 vtec). Also i belive (i could be very wrong) that the z6 uses slightly larger injectors. Couple that with early vtec, and thats a recipie for bad gas mileage.

:werd:

I

·
0 Posts
I had the P28 ECU in my Vx for the longest time, it would kick Vtec hard, and run long... Using alot of gas, and even it being the P28, it is made for an Si or Ex... Vx models are petroleum savers... :wink: What O2 sensor did you buy to remove your CEL codes? I have a Vx motor, and car, P28 ECU would always show a code 41, with a good O2 sensor because the 4- wire Si and the 5- wire Vx? Thanks, and good luck.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i bought the bosch universal o2 sensor for the si the one that goes before the cat.
now the o2 connection on the harness side do the following...

-cut the orange wire as far away from the plug as you can.
-cut the blue/white wire as far away from the plug as you can.
-cut the green/white wire as close to the plug as you can.

-solder the green/white wire(from the harness) to the blue/white wire(on the plug)
-solder a wire to the orange wire(on the plug), the other end...

splice into one of the black/yellow wire on junction C125(the plug that doesn't connect to anything near the clutch reservoir)

now cut the wires on the old o2 sensor from your VX near the sensor so you'll have a plug with long wires... now assuming you bought the same o2 sensor as I...

-solder the gray wire from the o2 sensor to the red wire on the plug.
-solder the black wire from the o2 sensor to the white wire on the plug.
-solder a withe wire from the o2 sensor to the black wire on the plug.
-solder a white wire from the o2 sensor to the orange wire on the plug.

that's about it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts