Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive noticed on the compression calculator d15z1 rods are the same length as d16 motors, any one know if they are also larger in size? or are they skinny like d15b7 rods?

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just a little more beef than D15B1/2/7/8 rods, nothing like D16 rods.
ohhh okie thanks for clearing taht up i was just visually comparing to my z6 rods taht i have removed cudnt see the diff but the z1 is in the block still so hard to see.

d15's have less stroke then the d16's right?...thats how they get less displacement cuz teh bore is the same...

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
hahaha.Welll this clears up a discussion i had with a guy that has three d-series engines for sale.He said that the d15z1 he had was a better engine to build a circle track engine out of because it has stronger rods than the d16z6 and with the z6 head will turn more relable rpm's than a z6.He said Larry Endyne personally told him this.Which is what i figured was a lie to begin with.
Rep for you Bone.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha.Welll this clears up a discussion i had with a guy that has three d-series engines for sale.He said that the d15z1 he had was a better engine to build a circle track engine out of because it has stronger rods than the d16z6 and with the z6 head will turn more relable rpm's than a z6.He said Larry Endyne personally told him this.Which is what i figured was a lie to begin with.
Rep for you Bone.

most likely he is confused. but z1 does have dished pistons. i think u get about 8.5 compression with the z6 head

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,238 Posts
7.98:1 compression

D15B VTEC with it's D16 rods and slightly better RS ratio.

Z1 rods with ARP's and P29 pistons.......how much compression you want?

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
7.98:1 compression

D15B VTEC with it's D16 rods and slightly better RS ratio.

Z1 rods with ARP's and P29 pistons.......how much compression you want?

DAMN:shock: that will be some high ass compression if used with a z1 head, that is, if there are no clearance issues.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,238 Posts
was to be used with A6/B7 head, would end up 13.7:1 and over 150 whp, clsoer to 170 whp with ITB's......but the project was scraped.

·
Registered
1992 Civic EH2
45 Posts
Very awesome pic's! Glad i stumbled across this thread before i went off to sleep. Good to have. The more you know...

·
Formerly 95RedVXCivic
95 VX, 88 S/C MR2
862 Posts
was to be used with A6/B7 head, would end up 13.7:1 and over 150 whp, clsoer to 170 whp with ITB's......but the project was scraped.
i wonder what the cr would be with a z1 head? (and of course, some modifications would have to be done either to the head or pistons, maybe both.) but i think it would be some insane compression, probably not worth it though.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,238 Posts
i wonder what the cr would be with a z1 head? (and of course, some modifications would have to be done either to the head or pistons, maybe both.) but i think it would be some insane compression, probably not worth it though.
engine wouldn't run, piston would smack head.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts