Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. this is my first post on this site. i have a 92 vx. i am looking to perform a mini me swap sometime in the next month or two. my biggest question is what would be the "best" head to use. i have researched the z6 but understood that the compression is to low. i have a limited amount of money so i am trying to get this right on the first try. Another question i have is can i use my stock intake and exhaust manifolds? would this make me lose power, gain power , or keep it the same. Also what ecu would i need? Since vx is a vtec would i even need to change an ecu? do i use a vtec controller like apexi? would i need to change timing belt and water pump? get new spark plugs and spark plug wires? My final question is what kind of gaskets should i use? i think that is all the questions i have. I do not want to change the pistons or anything for the sake of money. my goal for this swap would be to run mid to low 15's with the normal bolt ons. Is this accomplishable? If anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. And if there is anythis else you want to add feel free.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
do bother totry a mini-me swap on a VX, the pistons are dished and your compression would end up in the 7.5-8.0 range.

You'd be best off getting a JDM D15B swap or a Z6 and change out the ecu, plus reconfigure the oxygen sensor wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts