Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to swap the D15z1 Vtec -E head on my Civic with the D16Y8 head, complete with the throttle body and intake manifold.

Does it bolt right on? and do i need to change the ecu?

Is this a Straight swap and what do i need to do with regards to the ECU.?
Can i keep my stock ecu? If not they which one should i be looking for?

And whats the most common problems i can come across and do i need to change the head bolts too?

Why i am concerned coz the 1.5 Vtec E (Economy) might not work with the 1.6 SOHC Vtec D16Y8...

Reason i want to do this is to put a Jackson racing supercharger on, and Jackson racing dont list one for the D15...

any help please...
thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

Can anyone, shed any light on this please!! :neutral:

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes the swap will work

Yes the head will bolt on. I'm running a z1 block y8 head z6 intake and header. Your gonna use the y8 intake make sure its got the idle air valve on the plenum and not the throttle body. I thinl its the manual manifold. The z1 wireing harness works you have a couple of connecter not in use such as for the egr. You'll need a p 28 ecu or a chipped one. There's a lot more stuff to consider doing and changeing. If. You want to know more hit me up [email protected]

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
digging up 5.5 year old posts.........geez.

OK, for the original thread starter it would NOT work, He is wanting to use the Z1 head and that would bump the compression to INSANE, then add a JRSC on top of it??????

KABOOM!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts