Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
toytoa supra
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys here is what ive got. i bent the valves in my d15z1. I have a spare d15b7 with a massive rod knock and i have a jdm d15b with a locked up bottom end. regardless, the pistons are good in the b7 and d15b. I have a z6 head that i milled .075 off of. Now to the real question. will the d15b pistons work in the z1? i have searched and searched but no deff answer. If they will work then i am gonna put the milled head on the z1 with the d15b pistons. or with much milled off of the head will the head work with the z1 pistons?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
d15b rods wont work on the z1 crank but if you get the pistons swaped over to the z1 rods it will basicly be a d15b bottom end, as they use the same length rods but differnt journal size

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
^^^ Hatch addict wouldn't this depend on which d15b he's got. There were more than one and I was thinking one is Identical to the y7 but also called a d15b
well yes there are like at least 4 different versions, but i ASSumed that he had the single stage vtec one with the big rod journals but i guess i shouldnt have assumed anything. yes you are absolutly correct it would depend on which version he has of the d15b

·
Registered
toytoa supra
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the only running motor i have is the z1, its a single stage vtec e, it runs 12 valves then 16 when the vtec is engaged. but the valves are now bent and i just want a peppy sohc to play with. i already have a z6 head that i just milled .075 off of, which is a hell of a lot. soooo according to the d series comp calc i should be running a comp ratio around 9.3/1 with the z1 pistons. but i was curious to know if the d15b pistons would work. and according to you guys they will. so thanks guys for the reply. any ideas? let me know

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Run teh d15b pistons in the Z1 block, and run teh d15b head

now you have a full d15b

1 - 7 of 7 Posts