Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got another build a d16z6 head and a d15z1 block.
like a oem vitara eagle build. my first frankenstein build.

I've heard a lot of people running this setup also and having it run for a couple of years.

The head is oem new valve seals etc. everything is good resurfaced head.
the d15z1 block is stock has been compression tested and it was very solid before i pulled it apart.

I will rebuild the block oem color bearings with new seals/waterpump belts/ orings/ piston rings/etc.

I am going to put brand new arp head studs/bolt kit.
z6 vtec head on the d15z1 block.

i got the block at the machine shop and it checked out that the bore is slightly on the service limit side. the crank will still have to be checked. rods etc. i will reuse the oem piston/rods etc. but will run oem colored coded indicated bearings.
for the piston to wall clearance i will find after the shop ail measure mic it for me.

I'm planning to hit at least 250Plus to 300plus hp with this setup.
is it fine to run piston to wall clearance with this setup slightly looser side?
and for the new rings should i need to slightly run larger?
also i haven't got the mains/rods measured at the moment.
if the crank measures ok can i run the oem colored bearings for the rods/mains etc? what would i get readings at if i will run oem colored bearings if my crank will be ok? still will be waiting for the crank be measured before i will order the bearings.
i will plastic gauge it also but i am still waiting for the crank etc to still be mic'ed.. I'm thinking if i go oem bearings coded to which ever it was built for i should be ok?

Also for this setup i have a brand new oem oil pump. is it necessary to the pump be modified like bored out or what not?

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
you are not going to run 250-300whp on stock d15z1 pistons and rods.

you will have to find a VERY experienced and knowledgeable tuner to deal with that power level on stock parts.

there is a very good reason there are only 2 or 3 fully stock D series motors running 300whp. They are not daily drivers.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,515 Posts
you are not going to run 250-300whp on stock d15z1 pistons and rods.

you will have to find a VERY experienced and knowledgeable tuner to deal with that power level on stock parts.

there is a very good reason there are only 2 or 3 fully stock D series motors running 300whp. They are not daily drivers.
I can't see the original post, but you'd be surprised what is possible on a 7:1 low compression motor and half ass tuning, rHMT style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts