Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

new to the org, wish i knew about things like this back in the times... lol

i picked up an eg hatch (ik the nostalgia!) for a decent price, mini me engine. i've built and worked on these before as a kid, thats not the real issue. tuning, things have changed in over a decade or so ago. are there kits you anyone here recommends for burning chips for modification? i have the p28 ecu, i have dug up what it takes to chip, i am a wizard with a soldering iron so again thats no trouble. i watched a few tutorials over the few days but they havent really clicked in my brain. chrome? list of things done, is obviously the mini me, d15y8 which i assume is similar to the z6 swaps. timing obviously messed with and on point, its running correctly as it should. full Yonaka exhaust WITH catalytic converter, and a z6 intake i believe. i am picking up an integra TB at some point, but do i need to tune the car for these?

thats my biggest question, back in the day when i was a kid i guess i was more ignorant and we just ran it. i am sure many more kits have come out for these older d blocks, but the rods have gotten insanely priced! i want this set up to last a while while i save for a b20.. either crv HC or jdm LC, depends on if i feel like messing with a turbocharger, and the army gives me some time to myself to get it done :usa: ,lol.

and if anyone would like to point me to some links or threads with some decent info on these motors for modern builds, much appreciated!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,030 Posts
whats your m.o.s?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts