Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been doing b series a long time and always wanted to do a d series and I had the opportunity to pick up a d15b7 with z6 head, h beam rods and vitera pistons. Motor was apart so I bought new bearings and rings and oil pump and started putting it together. Got the rotating assembly together and the pistons are about 1/2” under the deck. I know this isn’t correct so I’m guessing the guy had the wrong rod/piston combo going on here. So I began my search for new h beam rods and some forged piston. No luck on the forged pistons besides some d16b. I’m looking for 8:0:1-9:5:1 compression ratio. Does anyone know where I can get a piston and rod combo for this motor? I know d15b2 stuff will work in it.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Forget using those vitaras. Even with a custom rod, they still suck ass.

Shoot for 10:1 or somewhat higher for static compression. Our small bore motors are far less picky about compression and detonation concerns than most people realize.

People boost factory 11.5:1 K motors all the time, and they simply have the advantage of better technology and stronger rods.

If a d15 or D16 had connecting rods worth a damn, they would quite easily support 3-400whp on the regular. Its the only real failure point until the sleeves start complaining beyond 400whp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts