Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know will my non vtec DISTRIBUTOR will work with my D15B vtec head consider that they are both 1.5 and also what type of timing belt should i get that will fit and will a D16y8 head gasket 2 layer will fit need help please and i have a p28 ecu if this helps and a y8 Intake manifold

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
The B7 dizzy will work fine. As for the belt, I think you use a D15 since the deck height of the D15 isn't as high as the D16 but I'll let someone else chime in to confirm that since it's been a while since I did any.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Z6 distributor is a TD42U, B7 is TD41U. The D15B VTEC uses the same head as the Z6 and has the same distributor bolt patern. The B7 uses the same bolt patteren as the D15B1/2, D16A6, D16Y5/7/8.

That and it's pretty well known. Look up the D15B part number, it's the same as the Z6 distributor.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Z6 distributor is a TD42U, B7 is TD41U. The D15B VTEC uses the same head as the Z6 and has the same distributor bolt patern. The B7 uses the same bolt patteren as the D15B1/2, D16A6, D16Y5/7/8.

That and it's pretty well known. Look up the D15B part number, it's the same as the Z6 distributor.
Oh sorry, I thought we were in his other thread (since they're both pretty much the same). I thought you were saying a modified b7 dizzy would not work.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
i used a Y7 belt on my D16Y7 with Z6 head, Look them up, Z6, and Y7 belts = exact same, I even counted the teeth, exactly the same.

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i finely did my mini me D15bvtec/b7 and it looks like it cam from the factory its self and it took about 7 hours to do wel had to take off the AC compressor the was holding the timing but i got it done and now i know that yes you need a Z6 or a vtec dissy to make the car work THAT IS A MUST to have a and yes you need a Z6 timing belt for it to fit

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Well i finely did my mini me D15bvtec/b7 and it looks like it cam from the factory its self and it took about 7 hours to do wel had to take off the AC compressor the was holding the timing but i got it done and now i know that yes you need a Z6 or a vtec dissy to make the car work THAT IS A MUST to have a and yes you need a Z6 timing belt for it to fit
Can you please use these keys when you post:

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I when did my mini me i got a CEL i didnt wire up vtec yet and i have the worng dissy will these two throw a CEL

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts