Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna do this swap and was wondering if i would have to change my wiring harness or if i could still use the b8 wiring harness with only modification being 4 wire 02 and ecu?Ive searched and can't find anything on this

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
This is exactly what my brother has done; just added the wires for the 4 wire O2 and swapped ECU. Runs perfectly fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you.ok what if i put a d16z6 would all the wires be the same that are on the b8 or would i have to get the z6 harness?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
so i wont need any wires off the b7 all my b8 wires hook right up to the b7?
Not really, the only difference between the harnesses is the O2 wires. You can swap in a B7 harness to make it simple, or you can add the wires to the B8 harness.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well ive already done a wire tuck so i dont want to change harness just want a lil more hp and the possibility of turbo.anybody have any fast b7s?

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
thank you.ok what if i put a d16z6 would all the wires be the same that are on the b8 or would i have to get the z6 harness?
You won't have to swap out the full harness for either swap, you may have to add some wires but there is no reason to replace the entire harness.

From the sounds of it you will have to rewire for the o2 sensor if you swap to the b7. If you swap a z6 in there you will also have to wire up vtec.

Get some ECU pinouts and figure out what wires need to be run where. Or if you really want to run an entirely new harness (yuck) pick up the one that matches the engine/ecu you are swapping in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts