Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just got me a 1994 honda civic CX 8 valves of love. So the first thing Im doing is swapping heads on it i am thinking of just going with a d15y7 head for now. It would be cheap, and on the side Im going to build a d16y8. I have been searching Alot and non of my questions have been asked or anything. My questions are- How strong are b8 blocks could they handle a mini-me or even a b7 head? also would it be possible to use a obd-0 head on this obd-1 block could i modify the head to work with all the obd-1 things i no its a noob question but i was wondering. i have been searching on d-series.org and honda tech and they all just say get a b series but i had a b18 turbo crx and i want to build a d damnit lol. I no the b8 isnt the best block to do this to but let me remind you its just tell i get my y8 built any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
d15b8 block is the same as all 88-95 usdm d15 blocks, minus the d15z1 and maybe the b6

should hold up very well with no worries, and obd0 usdm d15 heads are identical to obd1 heads, just some camshaft variations... pm3 casting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts