Honda D Series Forum banner

what to do with my engine

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94 dx coupe with a d15b7 and i wanna upgrade but i dont have the cash for a engine swap i was wondering if you guys had any cheap ways to incresse power on a budget like swaping heads or something on that order anything will help

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
saving for a b18c5 is retarded imo.

4700 for the motor and trans you can build a bad ass b-series for that or a badass single cam for 2grand

for the b7 do a6 cam y7 cam gear z6 intake manifold i/h/e chip your p06 with p28 maps with vtec disabled

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
yep the b18c5 is overrated your gonna spend 5k for all the parts when you could have built a turbo 350 hp b18a1 or could have made a 2k d motor that would stomp the b18c5. but if you wanna waste your money on a 5k motor for showing off instead of going faster than hey its your money

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
yep the b18c5 is overrated your gonna spend 5k for all the parts when you could have built a turbo 350 hp b18a1 or could have made a 2k d motor that would stomp the b18c5.
agreed.

I'd piece together a turbo kit for your engine, and once it's running, build up a d16 to swap in once you blow the d15. If you want to go b18, get an LS, not a Type-R. They're a LOT cheaper and can support a lot of power.

·
Registered
28 Posts
personally i would build the D or get a new D. buddy of mine spent about 4000 and built a d16z6 n boosted it a 26 pounds for a daily drive......just my thoughts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Will the weak rods in the b7 though not stop this engine from making a lot of power from boost for example? i have have a b2 aswell. has any genius discoved some good rods we can swap in like tt rods in the d16?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mini-me ?

The mini-me engine set up as you guys were talking about what exactly is that engine made of is itjust a frankensteind motor if so what do i need to build it

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Will the weak rods in the b7 though not stop this engine from making a lot of power from boost for example? i have have a b2 aswell. has any genius discoved some good rods we can swap in like tt rods in the d16?
b7 rods will last until ~200whp. Crower makes rods for 1.5L blocks, but the price tag will make you cry. One option is to swap in the d15b crank, and then you can use d16 rods. I don't know what all is entailed in that; you'll have to ask somebody for more information.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just delt with this dillema. I decided to go with the d15b7 and put in a exospeed stage 2 cam, ajustable cam gear, and blox intake manifold. The Exospeed cam sounds incredible. It really helped my top end power while giving the car an overall bad ass sound. It it a completely different car. Normal driving hasn't changed much other than the exhaust being louder. Top end has alot more pull to it. Next up is a auto to manual swap, valve train, and finally a turbo.

·
Registered
'95 Civic dx
835 Posts
i think its fun beating people with b18s with a sohc

·
Registered
49 Posts
i think its fun beating people with b18s with a sohc
I think itz fun beatin any B-Series with a Sohc, especially when you tell em itz a Sohc. Like Walkin B18B's With a D15B.... IMO: Work With Tha D, you will be happier, and so will your pockets....

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
Chuck Norris roundhouse kick as he potato sack(tea-bag) the other car driver. :TU:

Reactions: ddd4114

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
nothing clutch. lol. it just if the noobs would used the little thing call a search button they will and would see that there are many threads with this same topic. shit the should have a sepreate forum colum called "D15b7" everything and anything you can do with this motor. i shouldn't flame i was an a noob idiot at one time. wait i'm still an idiot. lol.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts