Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got screwed.... I bought a 96 civic lx, the prior owner swapped a d15b7 after the y7 failed. He kept and used the y7 ecu and intake mani. The car runs like shit. It had not been serviced for a while. After new Dizzy cap, wires, plugs, fuel filter, and cutting the cat out its still running awful. Throws cel for o2 sensor and random misfire on cylinder 1. I was just curious if anyone knew what other corners this dude may have cut to get this pos engine in the car. i have a y8 thinkin bout mini me but if the whole car is thrown together i will go another route. Please any info would be great.

·
Registered
69 Posts
there is a couple sensors that the b7 dont have.he probally by passed them some how.

i would just buy a jumper harness and run a obd1 ecu and see if that helps.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
yesss... originally the vehicle came with a 1.6 putting a 1.5 in there will richen the mixture pretty sure to the point that it will run rough at least.

any other problems may arise from the fact that a d15b7 doesnt have a crankshaft sensor, wich they would have to bypass to the dizzy, or swap distirbutors and re-route the sensor to the dizzy.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
yesss... originally the vehicle came with a 1.6 putting a 1.5 in there will richen the mixture pretty sure to the point that it will run rough at least.

any other problems may arise from the fact that a d15b7 doesnt have a crankshaft sensor, wich they would have to bypass to the dizzy, or swap distirbutors and re-route the sensor to the dizzy.
ive ran a d16y7 off a p06 before. it runs just fine. the ecu finds out its running a bit richer then usual and backs off properly.

with a d16a6 cam, the d15b7 will run smoother though

this guys setup is simply fucked up. and if he needs the y7 sensor stuff, he can run the y7 oil pan/pivkup/pump and deal with the dipstick somehow

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
ive ran a d16y7 off a p06 before. it runs just fine. the ecu finds out its running a bit richer then usual and backs off properly.

with a d16a6 cam, the d15b7 will run smoother though

this guys setup is simply fucked up. and if he needs the y7 sensor stuff, he can run the y7 oil pan/pivkup/pump and deal with the dipstick somehow
fair enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts