Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
honda civic si 89
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey is there any sits that you can get after market parts for this motor im looking to keep it none vtec and high comp so let me know

·
Registered
AUSDM EG8 Sedan
457 Posts
spec on mine:

- Satin Black Rocker Cover
- Honda 5w30 Ultra Synthetic Oil
- Honda Coolant
- Honda D16a6 Cam
- Bisimoto Adjustable Cam Gear
- Fujita CAI
- NRG Engine Damper
- Pivot Razin Voltage Stabilizer
- Ebay 10mm iginition leads
- Ebay 4-2-1 Headers
- Magnaflow Hi-Flo Cat
- RMS Custom Catback
- Xforce S12 Twinloop Muffler

ignition is set all the way to the firewall and the cam is dialed in to factory D16a6 specs
i have a Apexi SAFCII but im using it in monitor mode
for ECU tuning pm Staypuff578 - he can sort you out =)

otherwise i can only suggest OEM upgrades, Ebay, and bisimoto for addons

theres ebay turbo kit or Jackson Racing Superchargers for forced induction

and skunk2 make intake manifolds and a few other bits but im not really sure what the gains are

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
ignition is set all the way to the firewall and the cam is dialed in to factory D16a6 specs
if your dizzy is set all the way to the firewall then your cam is out of time.
if your cam timing was set correctly then your dizzy would be close to the middle of its travel at 16* btdc

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
I have a set of strengthened connecting rods fitted with ARP bolts

PM me if interested.

they are magnafluxxed, shotpeened, and machined round

·
Registered
AUSDM EG8 Sedan
457 Posts
if your dizzy is set all the way to the firewall then your cam is out of time.
if your cam timing was set correctly then your dizzy would be close to the middle of its travel at 16* btdc
sorry your right - i just remembered that we changed it

we got better results with changing the cam out a few degrees than turning the ignition all the way to firewall

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
depending on what cam gear you have, with a6 cam in b7 engine your cam gear should be set 4.75 degrees advanced or retarded depending on which way the cam went in. cause you need to make up for the half tooth difference from the deck height between a d15 and d16

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
my d15b7 disty was clocked 2/3rds of the mounting towards the firewall

Ive seen some people have it nearly maxxed to teh firewall

its a weird thing, but it exists

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
depending on what cam gear you have, with a6 cam in b7 engine your cam gear should be set 4.75 degrees advanced or retarded depending on which way the cam went in. cause you need to make up for the half tooth difference from the deck height between a d15 and d16
just wanted to add to this

1988 d16a6 cams= d15b7 camgear

1989-1991 d16a6 camshafts will require the d16y7 or d16y8 cam egar

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi all.. im newbie here.. my name kuacie and im from malaysia.. im using d15b vtec sohc engine at civic eg 92 cesi.. i have several question and hope all forumer here can help me..

if i want to change: my d15b (vtec) blok to d16z6 (non vtec) blok,is it have any modification to do..?? (stay with d15b vtec head)..

my d15b block have crack n need to change new one.. so i pick d16z6 to upgrade from 1.5cc to 1.6cc stroker...

hope al forumer can help.. thanks ...

·
Registered
92 cx
930 Posts
khemoks183 start asking questions in the n00b forums please, and just buy a d16z6 or d16 sohc vtec zc. If you don't want vtec, just disable the vtec solenoid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
khemoks183 start asking questions in the n00b forums please, and just buy a d16z6 or d16 sohc vtec zc. If you don't want vtec, just disable the vtec solenoid.
sorry if im noob.. i know it's easy,just put the d16 vtec engine.. ok,it's my situation here..

-i have: d15b engine (broken block)

-just buy d16z6 non vtec engine.. (buy already)

that's why asking bout the water n oil hole.. sorry, if im really noob... just find some lesson.. thanks ..

im from malaysia and hard to me to know bout this d-series engine...:(

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD stop posting here for your situation

I will say teh d16z6 is VTEC, equipped. it is NOT a non-vtec motor

now make your own thread if you have questions, or search like everyone else

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
just wanted to add to this

1988 d16a6 cams= d15b7 camgear

1989-1991 d16a6 camshafts will require the d16y7 or d16y8 cam egar
yeah i knew that but 88 si's are pretty rare. and to your other post the dizzy should never be fully maxed out toward firewall to get it to run right if it is the cam is out. 2/3 is fine cause you were able to get 16* while still in the range of adjustment

1 - 13 of 13 Posts