Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to slap a D16Z6 head on a D15B7. The head comes with a stage 1 crower cam and 450cc turbo injectors and new valve springs. What pistons/rod possibilities do I have. I want to keep compression low enough so I can use cheapo gas or even possibly boost later on.

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats good to know and here another noob question. If I use the stock B7 pistons and rods how would it effect the mini-me swap as apposed to using P28 or PM6 <---(do they work or no?) pistons? Any possible help on more of the technical stuff with a B7/Z6 mini me swap would be really helpful. Thanks in advance

Y

·
0 Posts
if u use the b7 u can use dif pistons they all have the same bore

my current setup chillin in my room waitin for a obd 1 swap is a d15b7 block b7 rods and crank, dohc zc pistons, and a z6 head with a 2 layer y8 gasket. has high comp like 12.5to1 but i dont want turbo

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im looking at gettting a hold the Z6 complete head the link below is a picture. So it looks like I just need a new waterpump, Z6 timing belt, P28 ECU 5Spd, and Z6 gasket but a Y8 would be better. Thats the major things right or did I miss anything. If anyone knows the approx. price for a new waterpump or even any of the parts listed please post them.

http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/4899/c211vk.jpg

·
Registered
EG Final Year
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and the head has been machined 6-8k miles ago, I'm new to all of this being in Highschool and unemployed plus this being my only car I don't wanna screw it up

·
Registered
8 Posts
95 R-81 Cx said:
Z6 gasket but a Y8 would be better.
If you want to raise the comp, then you're gonna want the y8 HG, and you can even take the middle layer for even more comp....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts