Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the max safest this can handle using a 50trim t3/t4 turbo ,440 injector's ,Blox fpr,fuel gauge,getting it tuned by a beast tuner on chrome i believe ... stock head its shaved and block is all stock and run's like new??

1. whats the maximum hp it can handle safely?

2. With this turbo i have how much psi should i run? the waste gate is setup for 7psi at the moment and how much hp you think it will give me?

3. what ya'll think it can run on the 1/4?? with a good reaction time and a good driver -_-

Any answer will be appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have always read that about 250 is the limit for stock block singles without blowing them up, I have been at 235/187 with a stock jdm d15b for a while now tuned on s300 with no issues.

Not sure what manifold you'll be running because that can make a little bit of a difference too but at 7 psi you should be making around 170-190, maybe more if the motor is healthy, my 235 is at 10psi with a t3 50 trim turbonetics. Good rule of thumb is about 10 hp for every psi.

You also didn't include a walboro 255 pump, you'll need to get one of those too, I think they can be had new for around $100, I have seen them go for half that used on Craigslist though.

·
Registered
451 Posts
D15b7 stock bottom can't handle more the 200hp rods will break safe hp is around 170 to 180hp I have read only d16 motor can handle more 250hp is the breaking point on rods

Edit: your going to base of hp not psi

·
Registered
262 Posts
200hp is about the max for the stock rods they are just to thin. With that turbo and that head you should be able to get that much out of it on 7 psi of not real close the only thing is your tuner will have to be a little or conseriative on the timing because of the bump in compression you get from the head swap (10.5 or greater). With close to 200 you should be able to run low 14's to high 13's in the quarter

A friend of mine had a totlly stock 1.5 b7 on eBay 50 trim with a busted up intercooler in a gutted Hach with half blown up dx trans and still manage low 14's falling out of boost between shifts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Run low boost or build your bottom end. Finding forged rods for the d15 can be tough though. There are some site sponsors who may have sets in stock. Look around. And remember you will need to notch the block with thicker rods. The stock rods are 134 mm and d16 rods are 137 mm so you need to keep that in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts