Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Honda civic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the Honda game but not to cars in general been into Dsm's and Audi's.. i have a few questions about my mini me I have put together, i spun a rod bearing on my d16y8, so I pieced together a d15b7 bottom end with my y8 head I researched all needed to do so but can't really seem to find good info regarding the knock sensor and crank fluctuation sensor I am throwing codes for these and have ran into conflicting info on the two my question is the bolt near oil filter can it be removed and knock sensor put in?? And the crank fluctuation sensor do I need these I seen post say yes and no I do know the p28 fixes the knock sensor problem but I'm a 97 running p2p and I do believe one of the two are messing with ignition timing.. I have searched and searched and have came up with really nothing, I'm sorry for being a newb but I did put together a running driving mini me in 2 days thanks in advance, any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
Honda civic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm aware of the bypass I'm looking for a legit way of doing it

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
so then what are you confused on?

·
Registered
Honda civic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A way to use the actual sensor not just make the ecu believe it's there.... actual data to ecu from sensor

·
Registered
Honda civic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If there is no way in doing it that way, i can do the bypass I just wanted to save from digging into my harness for future thoughts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Buy an OBD2 D15 block to build off of for $850-1000 or do the short cut from 15 years ago.

D15 into a 96-00 chassis will just suck due to the extra weight.

There are ways of doing it correctly, but at the price involved, but to swap to B series.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts