Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to get some input from the honda communitee on my build like it says in the title it a d15b7 with y7 head it has arp rod bolts and head studs. Comp cam springs and titanium retainers 7lb alum flywheel and act stage2 clutch 3" coustom mandral bent exhaust from a dc sport 4-2-1 header chiped and tuned on crome in a 95 civic ex coupe. I know the exhaust is over kill right now but it there for the turbo which is going to be ether a 50trim or a 60 trim ball bearing on 8Psi

The coupe already has rear disk and swaybar with poly bushings upper shock bar short throw shifter b&m it's going go have ksports soon and ss brake lines with more future brake and sway bar upgrades in the works

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
read a book on turbos. psi doesnt mean shit. CFM is where its at

the Y7 head is good design, nice straight path to the valve.

that exhaust will be overkill until you hit over 300whp

try seeing if you can sell it and shoot for 2.5 inch.

look at some small turbos. the mitsubishi 16G's and nissan t25's are great small turbos

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The reason I'm going with everything a litte bit bigger is because of future improvements.
I will evenully go to a 1.6 dohc zc and I am aiming for between 250 and 300hp. I have read a couple of turbo books and found this web sit http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/ help with my calculations

I have most all the parts for lot of d-series combinations including the 1.7 crank so if you come up with a good combo let me know lol well see if it works lol.
I got the exhaust in a trade for a set of p29 pistons I bought a long time ago

1 - 3 of 3 Posts