Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i had a d16z6 that i blew. but b4 that i had been buying a lot of parts for the z6 to put in but never got around to it. Since i blew the z6 i had to have the car running so i dropped a d15b7 so i could get to work. But that engine sucks and smokes,prob the valve seals or piston rings. So my question is,will these d16z6 parts i bought go into and onto the d15 and if so which head bolts do i use. here is the parts

d16z6 head,75mm vitara pistons,srp rods d16,d16 head gasket.Plese help guys,searched but cant find answers

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The head and HG will work fine, you can use the pistons but you'll need differant rods. PM FJT about the rods, he's been working on some. The Z6 and B7 use the same head bolts/studs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
ok so my srp rods wont work in there,but i can use the vitaras on the stock d15 rods rights? I also have d16 main rod bearings and ngine bearings and thrust washers. i dont think they will work in the d15,am i right?

·
Registered
616 Posts
i dont see why the stock d15 rods wont work with the new pistons. The d16 rods have a stroke of 90mm compared to the d15 which has a stroke of 84.5 but both have the same bore of 75mm. Everything should be be fine except the d16 rods

1 - 6 of 6 Posts