Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be picking a D15b7 up tomorrow and i heard that i will be able to swap the pistons from a d16 into the block. i was wondering what about the crankshaft and rods??? are they compatible with the d15???

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. how much can the rods handle?? a guy at a honda shop said 200hp at the flywheel is about the max for the rods.

·
Registered
1992 Civic DX Hatch
586 Posts
D16 rods will handel a little more, but 200hp - 225hp is about it on stk D15B7 rods.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
that and the rods are too long for the D15 block, the pistons would stick out of the whole by .5 inch or something...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
everything will fit, as long as you have a d15b crank :p
yeah, and looking under your bed will always net you staring face to face with a unicorn. last person on this site to sell a d15b crank was me. the person before me was like 3 years ago. one in a freaking million dude..

Or buy some of those nice i-beams that FJT is selling for d15 blocks.
negative, the i-beams fjt sells are for the JDM d15b NOT a d15b2/7/etc.

:3dtard:

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
yeah, and looking under your bed will always net you staring face to face with a unicorn. last person on this site to sell a d15b crank was me. the person before me was like 3 years ago. one in a freaking million dude..

negative, the i-beams fjt sells are for the JDM d15b NOT a d15b2/7/etc.

:3dtard:
Oh i misunderstood them then, i thought those i-beams were for b7's and 8's .

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
i almost was going to bore rods to fit the b2/b7 crank but the jury still out if i'm gonna do that.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
fjt usdm d15 rods are still in r&d.

the d15 rods we have are for the jdm model.

hopefully we'll have the usdm d15 i-beam rods available. sooner than you may think.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
what, is ed coming to your house for a little :greddy: time?
lol. nope but he'll be sending me these nice lil rods called Probe I-Beams for my all-motor build. lol. 500grams of pure lust. lol.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
lol. nope but he'll be sending me these nice lil rods called Probe I-Beams for my all-motor build. lol. 500grams of pure lust. lol.
I thought they were lighter than that?

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
I thought they were lighter than that?
well from the web page it staes they're 500grams(with rod bolts) and they're all 4340 forge but the pauter which are melted in a vacum and probley nitrogen cool at maybe at a Torr. damd those are fucking sweet rods.

probe - 500grams - $300
crower maxi light - ? $770
pauter - 500grams - $900(E4340 vacuum melt chrome moly forging< thats badass i melt at work in this form yeah you pay for the work and thats made strong)

eagles - 534grams - $350(average pice give or take several $)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts